Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
chevvron wrote:Cromer and one other associated with a WW2 museum (name escapes me) on the Norfolk coast and futher up, North Coates near Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
Pity they don't re-open North Denes (Gt Yarmouth) to fixed wing, I'm sure there would be lots of visitors with plenty of accomodation nearby.

I agree about North Denes; a nice little airfield going to waste (and the one responsible for introducing me to aviation..). It's future will depend on what plans (or not) CHC Scotia have for it... :(
hatzflyer wrote:
Clacton ???

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Totally. Somewhere different from the run of stylish destinations. Nothing wrong with a bit of slumming it.

Rob P
pcessna wrote:Hi all, In the summer I'm hoping to go touring around England/Wales.

Are Le Touquet and Deauville (Honfleur) joining us in Brexit then Ice? :lol:

Rob P
Perth, Skylodge on site
Gigha, short walk to the only hotel
Sywell, hotel on site
Dundee, short taxi into town but not aeroplane taxi
Slurgate, one mile walk to the inexpensive but fine Fox and Hounds
There was a very nice B&B at the east end of Compton Abbas but that was 10 years ago.
Can't really help with the train journey experience Iceman, although by some accounts it's Europe's finest. We were in Lochcarron for New Year and only experienced the train from Strathcarron, a few stops before Plockton. As for scenery; the weather was such I had to rely on what I know is behind the cloud and mist. The train from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh is in the order of 2.5 hrs. It's on my bucket list too.

With reference to another thread; whilst stopping in Lochcarron we had an equally dismal (weather wise) trip across the Bealach na Bà on Saturday to Applecross for lunch. If you do manage to have a ground based trip around that area I would recommend a visit to Applecross. :thumleft:
Nick, 140kias liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:I think that it was a visit in September 2015 (Keef's last) where we saw a bride and groom walking down the beautiful seafront preceded by their piper.

PA28?

Oh, you mean...

Anyway, for England and Wales, I personally like Devon and Cornwall. Roserrow is a nice option for coastal Cornwall.

If you want a city break, try Cardiff, it's a nice city. Airport not hugely expensive. Though the airport isn't in Cardiff...you'll need to take the train. Or get a local to give you a lift.