Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Hi all, In the summer I'm hoping to go touring around England/Wales. I'll be sticking mainly to the coast and looking for any airfields you would recommend that have accommodation nearby and something to do during the day and night time. The only place on my list so far is Isle of Wight.
Clacton. Right on the coast, handy for the town and its zillion boarding houses, sticks of rock, funfairs, fish and chips, 'Kiss Me Quick' hats, Estuary English spoken. What's not to like?

Rob P
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Land's End
Perranporth
Newquay
All of the above have nearby accommodation and Cornish countryside and coastline
Humberside (Hull 2017 city of culture)
Blackpool (see Clacton, but more so)
Caernarvon
Cromer and one other associated with a WW2 museum (name escapes me) on the Norfolk coast and futher up, North Coates near Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
Pity they don't re-open North Denes (Gt Yarmouth) to fixed wing, I'm sure there would be lots of visitors with plenty of accomodation nearby.
You'd be struggling for a sensible overnight stay at Weybourne. It's in the middle of nowhere and the field is pretty much unsecured. I wouldn't.

Rob P
By Dave W
Bolt Head, the either a short walk to the Soar Mill Cove Hotel or a taxi/walk down the hill in the opposite direction to Salcombe.

Haverfordwest (a new favourite for me) - a quick 3 miles into town.
Iceman liked this
By cotterpot
Rob P wrote:You'd be struggling for a sensible overnight stay at Weybourne. It's in the middle of nowhere and the field is pretty much unsecured. I wouldn't.

Rob P

By 'in the middle of nowhere' did you mean the field or Weybourne?

Couple of pubs in Weybourne, the Ship for nosh and the Maltings Hotel - which have rooms, but never ate there, then for posh there is the Pheasant Hotel just up the road in Kelling. The airfield is a bit remote from the road, but I would have thought that was a good thing.