Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Trent772
Fantastic day out and thanks to all.

Felt sorry for the two guys sat on our table - turned out that Nigel and I got the last two helpings of curry. They sat watching us eat it and then were met by an apologetic lady with the bad news !

On a balance point, wasn't it interesting to see that probably 75% of arrivals were LSA or Microlights. Some brave chaps hung out in the open as well.
By Grumpy One
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Smashing day. Lovely weather, Great visibility, Loads and loads of lovely people.

I ended up with a bacon sarnie, mainly 'cos some unthinking, selfish, me-me-me people took all the turkey curry!!! :D

We Grumps sat in the lounge corner, on thoise massively huge black chairs and settee, idly munching our curry-less grub, flashing our Flyer necklaces to all and sundry. However, not one eye brow was raised, not one fellow Forumite came over to say hello, so that left us to really enjoy ourselves :D
The flight back to Bournemouth was dead into the sun and the sky appeared deserted, so much so that I was given "Call final to land", at about 25 miles

All in all a terrific day - Thank you to all the hard working people who made it possible .
(Boo Hiss to the turkey scoffers :D )
The turkey curry was very nice and I am sure you would have really enjoyed it. I enjoyed mine.
I was collecting dirty cups and plates but failed to see your Flyer necklace, that's par for the course for me.
Trent 772 was wearing an attractive yellow post it and I spotted him so my eyes must still work a little.

Wickenby don't do a lot of flyins but I think they might do more after the success of that one.
By ChampChump
Sounds as if everybody had a good day. We nearly went to Turweston, but the gang needed an open café. Scattered gang ended up at N Weald, Sandown and WKW and I chugged to Old Warden. Our ground comms weren't as efficient as our airborne ones. :?

And today's TAFs were all wrong ..... 8)
By Ridders
Shoestring Flyer wrote:I believe that Turweston is closed until 3rd Jan.
Their website is particularly pants, it says nothing about being shut or the cafe being closed, it says airfield is open on Bank Holidays from 1000-1600 and that the cafe is open weekdays 1200 to 1500. Lucky someone on facebook spotted our plans and informed up it was all closed up till next week.. ah... so Plan B then...

Well we ended up at Plan C (North Weald) as it took so long to get the wings defrosted we didnt have time to get to Compton Abbas, which was our Plan B. Seemed Compton was busy and one of our bunch ended up there...

Bonus - met a fellow Pup owner at the Weald and we were talking strips in Sussex :D
I have to say the food at the squadron has improved some what - basic Pie and Chips for me but the Pie was home made, full of massive chunks of meat and really tasty, even the pastry was excellent.

Quite a few friends went to Wickenby - sounds like it was a good fly in - bit far for us on the day though.

Fantastic Days Flying for everyone - glorious weather :thumright:
ChampChump liked this
Shoestring Flyer wrote:I believe that Turweston is closed until 3rd Jan.

Yeah no mention on their website....
After getting acknowledgement via email of my optimistic PPR request for Friday, they kindly sent me an email advising that they're closed until the 3rd.
Oh well...next time.