Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GrimReaper
I am pleased to confirm details of the 2017 event, which will be held on SUNDAY 25th JUNE 2017, and will see a return to Gloucester, which hosted the event in 2014.

In selecting a venue, our "wish list" was for somewhere that had ATC and instrument landing capability, sufficient space for the large number of participant aircraft, good road links in the case of inclement weather, and, ideally, a facility that would be of interest to veterans and guests.

In my view, Gloucester ticks all of those boxes, and from a personal perspective, I am delighted to be working with Darren Lewington again, who did such a marvellous job in 2014.

In the next week, I hope to despatch invitations to veterans. Volunteer pilots can register here: http://www.projectpropeller.co.uk/p/registration-pilot.html

If you are a regular PP pilot, and no details have changed, you can just drop me an e-mail: Graham[AT]ProjectPropeller.co.uk to confirm that you are able to participate. I will then roll all your details forward. As ever, if you have a regular veteran passenger, I will not disturb this.

Let's hope that the fates smile upon the 2017 event more kindly.... :roll:
pilotbarry, GrahamB, GAFlyer4Fun and 2 others liked this
By bruceg
I hope the two ex-ATA pilots Gill Farquarson and Mary Ellis are invited to Project Propeller 2017 as your Star Guests.
Health etc permitting - I think Gill will be aged 102 and Mary 100 years old!
By GrimReaper
Bruce, I don't have Gill's contact details; if you are able to advise, please do so via PM or e-mail. I do have Mary's details, and will invite as usual, ditto for Joy Lofthouse.
By GrimReaper
Update: invitations to veterans being posted today. I'm away on hols from 27 Nov to 10 Dec, so may not be particularly responsive to e-mail. I'll commence the rostering exercise in the New Year.
By Cessna57
Hi Graham,

I have registered our aircraft again with a change of pilot. (therefore change of email, address, etc.)

I don't want you to double book veterans on it, but my emails to the above address are returned undeliverable I'm afraid.

I've tried emailing last years email, which may be your personal email.

cheers

Dave.
By GrimReaper
Hi Dave - your registration safely received.

Anyone who has registered should receive a personal acknowledgement - do shout if you haven't.

I've had positive acceptances from over 100 veterans now, and will begin the process of rostering in the coming weeks. As always, pilots will get first refusal to fly veterans that they have partnered with in the past.

Season's greetings to all.
By GrimReaper
Just a very brief update on the current situation:

I've sent out an e-mail today, to any pilot who registered for last year, but hasn't yet done so for 2017. This alerts them to the event date, and invites them to either re-register on the website, or just confirm that their details are unchanged.

I propose to have a first run at the pilot/veteran roster in early to mid February. Usual rules apply: existing partnerships won't be broken up, unless requested by either party, or if the veteran can't get in a tricky aircraft any longer.

At present, I have 153 acceptances from veterans, with 1/2 or responses still being received every day. :)
By GrimReaper
I've now commenced the rostering exercise, picking off the established pairings first.

The current position is that we have 164 acceptances from veterans, 43% of whom have now been rostered to their pilots for the day. I'm currently contacting pilots who haven't yet registered, but whose regular veterans have - if they are unable to fly, I will then assign the passenger elsewhere.

Now that I've commenced the exercise, if anybody wants an update on likely prospects, I'm happy to be called - the number is on the bottom of all my e-mails.
By GrimReaper
Situation report as of 28th Feb.

I'm now well into the rostering process. We have 175 veteran guests due to come as things stand, of which 115 have now been assigned to pilots. I'm still working through the rest; what's taking up time is observing the principle of not disturbing long established pairings, but I'm still waiting for some pilots to confirm their availability.

At present, there appears to be a shortage of aircraft in the Doncaster / Humberside / Lincolnshire region. I have a particular need for some 4+ seat aircraft, which need to be either high wing like a C172/182 or easy access like a PA32/PA46.

I also need aircraft in the vicinity of Perth, ideally a 4 seater.

If you're in those areas, and haven't yet volunteered, I would love to hear from you:http://www.projectpropeller.co.uk/p/registration-pilot.html

I'm very happy to give anyone an update on likely prospects if you want to give me a call. I haven't deployed many of the "big boys" yet, as I am holding them back for veterans who require easy access. However, my aim is to have the rostering exercise broadly complete by 23rd March, which is the date of our next planning meeting with Darren at Gloucestershire airport.

As ever, if there are any queries, please get in touch. :)
scd975, pilotbarry, kanga liked this