Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Nick
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:Well that's the translation in to English, Nick. I prefer the Gaelic name Bealach na Bà :wink:

Over to you.

PS have you been across it?

Thank you.

I throw it open to all. No photo's.

Yes I know it well, there is a good campsite at the top with a superb pub serving some of the best seafood and real ale you can imagine. The climb looks very tame from the air. Not recommended for the faint hearted! One of my favourite motorcycling routes.
Nick.
Nick wrote:One of my favourite motorcycling routes.
Nick.

It's a tremendous motorcycling route indeed. :thumleft: In fact it forms part of the ever increasing in popularity (for cyclists, motorcyclists and motorists) North Coast 500.

For the sake of accuracy and to avoid disappointment for those undertaking the journey there isn't a pub (or campsite) at the top, it's at the bottom on the other side.
Gullfoss waterfall, in Iceland. I was there in 2007.

The narrow path winding down to the side of the waterfall from the carpark at the bottom of the picture was treacherous - you had to hold on to a flimsy rope barrier to keep your footing on the ice, and if you lost your grip you would likely slide right down into the waterfall itself :shock:
Iceman liked this
Brooklands wrote:Dammit, the only time I know one, and haven't been beaten to it by somebody else, and I don't have a picture to hand.

Gullfoss, Iceland.

Open house if correct

EDIT - Rats, Neil beat me to it

Brooklands

No, I'll let you have it :D
If you have a photo to hand when Iceman comes back to confirm Gullfoss, then you can post it. Otherwise open house.
Iceman wrote:Gullfloss waterfall it is, taken from a helicopter one Christmas. The path down to the waterfall is indeed treacherous in the winter, as you say.

Iceman 8)

Some ice waterfalls are more treacherous than others.

(he survived with minor injuries; full video here) (it contains aviation content in the form of BASE jumping)

Stunning stuff, ice. The above video taken by a friend of mine yesterday in Ogden, Utah.

Rob
Iceman, neil9327 liked this