Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Indeed. Also not that many airfields I've been where the undershoot is full of parked aircraft.

Iceman wrote:... last year's Socata fly-in day. The reason that there is only one Socata in sight is that I was a day early for the meeting

Always ahead of the times, Iceman...

So, where in the world is this? (Apologies for poor resolution - it's a screen grab from a short video. If there is a way to post a video without a youtube account, I can do that instead...?)

Morten
No guesses for best part of day... to keep it alive: With a pair of binoculars, if you were at the previous airfield and looked almost straight down the extended centreline, you could have seen me taking this photo...
Indeed it is, Flasheart. The video I referred to above was taken from the passenger seat of a glider sharing the thermal with 2 others on that day, when we ended up doing 4 hours on a 200 nm triangle - rather better than we thought the mostly overcast weather would allow us to do :-)

The floor is yours.

Morten
That's all part of my technique: I always bounce of the first touch down, so just make that before the runway. The second touch is always on the numbers; perfect short-field landing technique.

Anyway, Mr Phillips, I believe it's your turn.