Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
REVISED SELF-DECLARED MEDICAL FORM ISSUED BY CAA

Delighted to pass on the good news that following representations from LAA, BMAA, BGA and BBAC; the CAA has today issued a revised Medical Self Declaration form for UK PPL and NPPL holders.
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalappli ... rm&id=7493

This now has an additional clause stating:

To Only Fly an Aircraft of 2000kg MTOW or Less
You may fly an aircraft of 2000kg or less, provided you are not taking medication for any psychiatric illness, by declaring your fitness to fly by ticking the ‘no greater than 2000kg’ declaration at the end of this form.

This effectively returns us to the position agreed during last year’s ANO consultation. If you’re fit to drive to the airfield, you’re fit to fly!

Big thanks especially are due to Geoff Weighell of the BMAA for co-ordinating responses and to Tony Rapson at the GA Unit for responding so promptly to our concerns.

(Note: this only applies to UK national, CAA PPL and NPPL holders flying aircraft under 2000kg MTOW. If you are flying an aircraft up to 5700kg MTOW and you have a health issue specified on the form, or are the holder of an EASA PPL or LAPL, the relevant aircrew medical requirements still apply)
Happy that some people have got what they wanted.....but they have made a complete reversal on allowing pilots to fly EASA aircraft with an EASA licence (as was explicitly permitted in both SRG1210 and CAP1441)

How many self declared pilots are flying EASA aircraft, with a copy of their submitted declaration form from the CAA telling them they can?

Are the CAA going to directly contact all the self declared pilots ensuring they communicate this complete reversal of policy? I've received nothing yet, so I guess not.

Are the CAA going to accept responsibility for any negative implications caused by their (so far un-notified) policy change?

What an utter shambles :roll:
I've done my self declaration, after receiving the email from LAA. My only gripe is that after entering all fields and pressing Submit, nothing happens. I guess it'll be ok for me to have just printed a pdf of it and stuck it inside my poo-brown, if I have currency?
A good step forward in my opinion, if a little hard on the pockets of some AME's.
shortwing wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but for me personal what does this mean? I fly mostly PA28 / Cub IMC and Night. Can I replace my class 2 when it expires which this declaration?

If you have a part FCL licence and fly an EASA aircraft using the privileges of that licence, no..
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The following statement taken from the form in respect of aircraft up to 5700kg is apparently incongruous?

If you do not have, or have had, one or more of the above conditions you can declare your fitness to fly by ticking the ‘all aircraft up to 5700kg MTOW’ declaration at the end of this form

Presumably they mean;

"If you do not have and have not had any of the above conditions....etc....
Lindsayp wrote:I've done my self declaration, after receiving the email from LAA. My only gripe is that after entering all fields and pressing Submit, nothing happens. I guess it'll be ok for me to have just printed a pdf of it and stuck it inside my poo-brown, if I have currency?
A good step forward in my opinion, if a little hard on the pockets of some AME's.

This will be down to the browser you are using, unfortunately. You need to use an older copy of Internet Explorer or Firefox (if I recall correctly). There are details in the small print on which browsers should work. Basically, if you don't get a "success" message followed by an email. your declaration hasn't gone through. It really is a very poorly implemented web site.
Lindsayp liked this
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
davey wrote:I have the Blue part fcl Easa licence but now fly a permit aircraft ( j3 Cub) how does this affect me ?

The following is stated on the form, so you should you be good to go.

A pilot with an EU Part-FCL Private Pilot Licence may fly non-EASA aircraft in conjunction with this declaration.