Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
oh God no.

It is "Janie" but not bothered about that.

neither of the possible pilots are 80, so deceased must have been passenger.

very sad day, we know the HW lot.
Iceman wrote:Highland Park's link on page 1 does specify the passenger.

Iceman

yes, sorry, I'd read the thread and responded before reading the detail. Rather distressing as we know them, but not sure which pilot.

waiting on news. :(
From Facebook

"Most of you will be aware there has been a serious incident involving Hardwick Airfield. I'd appreciate it if all our friends on here could help eliminate any speculation. The Hammond family have asked me to handle all media enquiries please contact me on 07778 963240 or nik@nikcoleman.com - tomorrow on 01508 530668. The Hammond family are with Maurice and he is being treated at NNUH. We offer our heartfelt condolences to the other party involved. Thanks everyone. Nik"
pilotbarry, cjm_wales liked this
Again from Nik Coleman via Facebook.

No further major updates at this time other than to say Maurice is still being cared for at NNUH who are now positively considering his options for further treatment to speed his recovery. Family are visiting him and wish me to express their thanks to everyone across the UK and world who have sent their best wishes.

AAIB on site at Hardwick, site sealed.

Again we extend our condolences to all affected.

Our thanks to NNUH, Air Ambulance and all emergency services.

Also our heartfelt thanks to all of the Hammond family friends and supporters who are sharing these updates and helping maintain a dignified and speculation free environment for both families to grieve and cope with the situation in. Our thanks also are extended to the written and other media for largely responsible and accurate reporting of the facts. Special thanks to EDP 24 ITV Anglia and BBC Look East.

Please feel free to share. I will update you as soon as we have further news of Maurices recovery.
mick w liked this
update on Maurice, again via Nik Coleman.

yesterday, Maurice has started to wake up and has spoken a few words to family. His level of sedation is being reduced as he recovers. A few days ago he was moved to a lower dependancy bed but obviously still within the ITU.

Small steps but in the right direction. Still a long way to go though.