Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Basil
I have standalone FAA and UK-issued EASA ppls.

It has only recently come to my attention that the USA school where I did my FAA "high-power" endorsement some 15+ years ago signed off the ground school element but (unintentionally I believe) never actually endorsed my logbook before renting me a > 200 hp plane which I flew there for many hours.

So now I need to get the endorsement in a > 200 hp plane and rectify this oversight. No need for prop/gear etc "complex" features as I do have that endorsement. The US flight school in question no longer exists.

Any suggestions as to somewhere in England I can rent a >200 hp plane preferably with an FAA CFI to provide the endorsement? I think either N-register or G-register is ok.

If necessary I can bring along my own FAA CFI.

Suggestions welcome!
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You may have completed it before the FAA requirement was introduced. If so, there is no need for a signature. See 14 CFR 61.31 (f):

(2) The training and endorsement required by paragraph (f)(1) of this section is not required if the person has logged flight time as pilot in command of a high-performance airplane, or in a flight simulator or flight training device that is representative of a high-performance airplane prior to August 4, 1997.

Otherwise, happy to help. We will have access to a suitable aircraft at Wellesbourne.

Cookie
FAA CFI
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Basil wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Can't you get it done in the aeroplane you want to use the endorsement in?

No this is not currently feasible. I'd like to get the endorsement out of the way beforehand, if possible.

I can see the attraction of that but if you are going to hire/fly the thing which requires it you may need to do an hour with an instructor and get it sorted there and then - it is only a sign off in your logbook that is required, no paperwork is going off to the FAA to have anything issued.
Cookie wrote:You may have completed it before the FAA requirement was introduced. If so, there is no need for a signature. See 14 CFR 61.31 (f):

(2) The training and endorsement required by paragraph (f)(1) of this section is not required if the person has logged flight time as pilot in command of a high-performance airplane, or in a flight simulator or flight training device that is representative of a high-performance airplane prior to August 4, 1997.

Otherwise, happy to help. We will have access to a suitable aircraft at Wellesbourne.

Cookie
FAA CFI

Cookie, my deficient endorsement was around 2000 so after the 1997 cutoff.

Wellesbourne would be fine, shall I send you a pm?

What is the aircraft type?
Resurrecting this one, as why make a good old thread go to in waste!

I have an FAA 61..75 PPL based on my CAA EASA PPL. Also looking to find an aircraft and FAA CFI I can book ASAP for completing a Complex AND High Performance endorsement.

I do have certified VP/Retract differences training a long while back (but post 1997) on a Comanche. However, need the FAA endorsement now.

A Piper would be ideal, but in anything with enough grunt and a wobbly prop and vanishing wheels will be great. However just looking to get the endorsements sorted.

Based Nr Elstree but can travel a bit.

Thanks in advance

PupFlyer
PupFlyer wrote:....
I have an FAA 61..75 PPL based on my CAA EASA PPL. Also looking to find an aircraft and FAA CFI I can book ASAP for completing a Complex AND High Performance endorsement.

A Piper would be ideal, but in anything with enough grunt and a wobbly prop and vanishing wheels will be great. However just looking to get the endorsements sorted.

How about being a bit more adventurous with a Yak52 ? :wink:
Not sure about FAA CFI bit though! Would a UK/EASA Examiner suffice?
Well time in a Yak52 would be glorious but not really meet the current mission!

FAA CFI again quite critical to achieving this particular life goal.

An Arrow would do it.... normally aspirated is fine. Just something with 201HP+ a wobbly prop and RG. I think a Yak might be too much of a different experience given this is in readiness for PA32 flying.... so one for another time.

Pup Flyer