Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JPSmith2476
Hi all,

I am just wondering about the new directive, re; IMC/IR(R) and the notification to the CAA that they (CAA) must be informed of pilots' currency.

Is this is to either allow the rating to be used after a certain date (if there are enough current IMC rated pilots both training and retraining)?

Or, will the CAA take the line that there are not enough pilots training or retraining?

The consequence of that is, the rating will just disappear into the ether and that will be that.

Sorry I don't have the references to hand.

Rgds

Jim
By pembroke
The requirement to submit the SRG1176 is, as far as I know, to comply with EASA now it's also an EASA IR(R) rating in the Part FCL licence. Also we ,(FEs) were told to complete and submit this form sometime ago and I was surprised that it was in IN as a supposed new addition.
It was in the recent IN because a number of FEs haven't bothered to comply with the requirement to submit revalidation/renewal paperwork, I'm told...

This has been a requirement for some time now, but FEs can be their own worst enemies, as their compliance with other regulatory requirements, such as those for the NPPL, sadly indicate.
By SteveX
Me - I'm going flying in the knowledge I passed my last reval and license is signed. Queue major debate lasting 23 pages on whether we are insured if going around at 251ft on an ils leads to a crash and the fe didn't send off the papers.........