Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Airplanes, helicopters, sailplanes, balloons are all different licences and are all independent.

The only thing which seat between 2 is, I believe, the TMG rating which can be added to sailplane or airplane licence.

If you're current at gliding and have a Silver badge, getting an EASA LAPL(S) or SPL is only a paper exercise
dewidaniels wrote:
Lockhaven wrote:Can I have the Sailplane Licence/Rating added to my EASA licence based on grandfather rights ?

Yes, you can convert a BGA Bronze plus Cross-Country Endorsement into an EASA LAPL(S) or an SPL.

As it was over 30 years ago since I did any gliding I though I would check my FAI glider licence to recall what was in there.
Typical I have the Bronze 'C' the Silver height gain and Silver 5 hour endurance but no cross country, does this mean a no for the SPL being issued on grandfather rights to my EASA licence ?
GrahamB wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:What about the IR(R)? :cyclopsani:

Aside from the fact that the IR(R) is not an EASA rating, Night or Aerobatic Ratings are not specifically mentioned, so why should it mention the IR(R)?

Graham, you read like my ex Latin teacher who used to undermine any class member for asking a question he didn't like or deem relevant. :)
Lockhaven wrote:As it was over 30 years ago since I did any gliding I though I would check my FAI glider licence to recall what was in there.
Typical I have the Bronze 'C' the Silver height gain and Silver 5 hour endurance but no cross country, does this mean a no for the SPL being issued on grandfather rights to my EASA licence ?

According to the form at https://members.gliding.co.uk/wp-conten ... mbined.pdf

The minimum requirement for conversion to either a LAPL(S) or an SPL is a Bronze Endorsement plus either
the Cross Country Endorsement or, if the Bronze endorsement was achieved prior to the cross country
endorsement being established within the BGA in April 1996, an FAI verified Silver Distance as issued by the
BGA or other National authority.

If you have Silver height and Silver endurance, but not Silver distance, it sounds like you're out of luck :(