Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Bobcro
Well that is good news and I wish them well but there is no room in Shed 1 to rebuild the prototype and I understand that the envelope was damaged when it was recovered after it broke away. The much under utilised Bedford Thurleigh is just up the road but then so is Wyton.
By AshleyFlynn23
Glad to see things are still progressing with the Airlander. Is the Airlander being rebuilt at the moment?
Good luck to those applying for the current vacancies.
By neaton
I have checked that list seventeen times. How can a modern business expect to survive without an ageing Remedy developer? :o

<sigh>

Oh well, back to the exciting world of slightly broken printers and people who've forgotten their passwords but can't type...
Pete L, Ian Melville liked this
By joe-fbs
I have another lecture date.

Friday 16th November, The Shared Space, Alan Baxter & Coombs, 75 Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EL.

The provisional plan is that starting at 1800, I will speak about Airlander for half an hour. There will then be three other half hour lectures covering: LTA Drones; LTA Models for STEM; and the Navigate the Line Competition.

Finally, retire to The Three Compasses pub at about 2100.

This is an Airship Association event but non-members, especially new joiners, are most welcome.
By mikeblyth
Heard a film is going to be made of R101, great news must have read my post. Someone wrote a book
in the fifties and its based on that. The BBC radio 4 production called the magic carpet was pretty
good. :D
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
joe-fbs wrote:I have another lecture date.

Friday 16th November, The Shared Space, Alan Baxter & Coombs, 75 Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EL.

The provisional plan is that starting at 1800, I will speak about Airlander for half an hour. There will then be three other half hour lectures covering: LTA Drones; LTA Models for STEM; and the Navigate the Line Competition.

Finally, retire to The Three Compasses pub at about 2100.

This is an Airship Association event but non-members, especially new joiners, are most welcome.

Finally a date and place which works for me :)
Can one just show up or is there a registration somewhere for this? (It's not shown on the Alan Baxter website schedule?)
By joe-fbs
The Airship Assiciation will be pleased to have visitors, especially if they join but no obligation and no pressure. Please come along.
By joe-fbs
PS Referring to the earlier post about a new film, as I always say during my lectures, the Airlander bears about as much resemblance to a 1930s rigid ship as a 787 does to a Dakota.
By Vino Collapso
I note from the last batch of CAA registration cancellations that Airlander 10 G-PHRG has been permanently withdrawn from use.

How does this project now stand? Is it being rebuilt as a 'new aircraft'?