Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By norman
I tried it and got a security certificate warning. Apparently it falls into a category that I have told the computer not to trust.

Something about the organisation name and the name on the certificate being different.

Does anybody know whether "206.38.92.201" is a respectable organisation?
By Graham F
If you use the following URL the warning about the certificate and URL address not matching disappears.

https://www.notams.jcs.mil/distribution/

The only remaining warning about the root certificate is your call. It's just that the root certificate was signed by an organisation which your web browser does not know about.

Hope this helps
By Jane
Just tried your site. First line got me the 'you do not trust me' notice and then a beautifully tinted blue page. Total got me a vast screed of NOTAMs fairly quickly. Prefer the old style NOTAMs where could quickly identify the lat/longs where those of a similar position were blocked together. Old style was more readable as well. Have save this in favourites and it comes up fairly quickly. Well it did this time. But how silly to have to go to the States to get NOTAMs for EGTT.
By Roger Clark
Jane,

I agree that its too verbose for normal useage.

I was hoping that someone could modify NotamPro or NotamPlot to read this data instead of the data from the CAA site.

I've emailed ian@notamplot.flyer.co.uk the originator of NotamPlot to ask if it would be possible to do this.

Of course the main problem about this american site, is that we don't know how long it will be around for, or whether we can trust the information.

But I do like ability to get French Notams, by changing the egtt to lfff. .i.e
https://www.notams.jcs.mil/distribution ... ocidl=lfff

for those trips to le Touquet etc.

Cheers

Roger
By russell
*** A word of caution ***

Be aware that not all EGTT/EGPX NOTAMs are on this US Military NOTAM site. Local NOTAMs (airfield specific for example) may not be there.

e.g. Bournemouth runway 17/35 is closed North or R2 (a 747 is parked there) but it isn't on the US NOTAMs.

There is a disclaimer at the end of the US NOTAMs about not including local NOTAMs.

There is no easy fix unless and until NATS/AIS re-instate the old system and let everyone have the safety information they require.