Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By peteranthonyday
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It was me that has put in a pre-application submission to Cornwall Council via Keith Wotton, who is an architect and a member of the Perranporth Flying Club. We had our first meeting with a couple of the planners, and frankly they were more positive than negative, and will be giving us a report with their requirements for a full planning application, which we are looking to submit later this year. I have no doubt that this will not be easy, but we do feel there is a reasonable possibility of success, given that the airfield is not going away, and it is unsuitable for conventional houses or a business park. As long as the local Council wants to keep the airfield, which they do, then they will consider applications which makes it more sustainable and brings revenue into the area.

Peter Day - Hangar Homes Ltd
www.hangarhomes.co.uk
Rob P, seanjd, stickandrudderman and 6 others liked this
By creweite
Good luck with this project. The last time I flew into Perranporth was in 1960, and only the gliding club was active at that time, ridge soaring over the cliff edge. It is a splendid location, and if I were still in the UK I would love to be in on this!
By Sooty25
hangar and a double garage!

just needs a slide from the lounge into the hangar, a free supply of avgas and a P-51 to put in it!
By SteveC
peteranthonyday wrote:It was me that has put in a pre-application submission to Cornwall Council via Keith Wotton, who is an architect and a member of the Perranporth Flying Club. We had our first meeting with a couple of the planners, and frankly they were more positive than negative, and will be giving us a report with their requirements for a full planning application, which we are looking to submit later this year. I have no doubt that this will not be easy, but we do feel there is a reasonable possibility of success, given that the airfield is not going away, and it is unsuitable for conventional houses or a business park. As long as the local Council wants to keep the airfield, which they do, then they will consider applications which makes it more sustainable and brings revenue into the area.

Peter Day - Hangar Homes Ltd
http://www.hangarhomes.co.uk

Put us on your interested list. Sold our last holiday home in Cornwall and interested in another. Your concept will be brilliant if you can get it off the ground. Wishing you all the luck with it.
By nkt2000
I know what my wife would say. It would go something like this:

Her: "Not much point unless you own an aeroplane";

Me: "We could always buy a plane to go with the new house";

Her: "Don't even think about it"

:(
By peteranthonyday
Lockhaven wrote:Put me the list for one of these, we have started looking at holiday homes in Devon and Cornwall close to grass airfields but a hangar home on a airfield would be a dream.

Hi, Lockhaven, if you go onto the website www.hangarhomes.co.uk, then put in your details on the 'Contact' screen, I will add your email address to my subscribers list to keep you updated on developments at Perranporth and other airfield with Hangar Homes
By peteranthonyday
Albert Ross wrote:Good luck Peter, it's a lovely location, I'm sure there will be a good demand.

Thanks Albert. In my view there are no downsides to hangar homes on Perranporth airfield, but the challenges will be to convince the local planners and Councillors.