Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Dave W wrote:Umm. Keeping a line feature to your left is supposed to be a physical line feature, otherwise how can it be used as a mitigation to deconflict opposing traffic?

Your chart has a different line on than my chart. Probably even a different colour, too. ;)

Unless you're on a North Atlantic track, or any airway in Africa :D
By Gertie
flybymike wrote:Not least of all because it will be on the side of the aircraft from which it will be easier to observe.

The ending of the rule does however mean that you can now fly so that your RHS passenger gets a decent view of the coastline.
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well the LLC is about to lose its derogation so will be a lot harder to use, how long before someone gets prosecuted for an infringement because they have not picked up on this? Not sure why they don’t just make it class G!
By PaulB
ChrisRowland wrote:Not heard about this, can you point me to some details please.

Because the LLR is class D, the SERA exemption for VFR in class D is going to an end so you'll need to be 1000' vertically or 1500m laterally distant from cloud as opposed to just being clear of cloud and in sight of the surface.

There is a long thread about it..

This isn't the one I was thinking of but it's what Google threw up

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114768
ChrisRowland liked this
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:If scheduled air services from Manchester cease then crossing the zone might be easier?

Oh, but we're not pootling about though. :(

Not even a consideration ATM but when restrictions are lifted the new rules will be in so needs thinking about beforehand!
By CloudHound
Not even a consideration ATM but when restrictions are lifted the new rules will be in so needs thinking about beforehand!]

I understand a number of organisations are in discussions about how to deal with this including Barton, Liverpool and Manchester airports.

This topic is in another thread but I can’t find it just now.