Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By harry remmington
Hope they are OK but such bad luck to crash in a foriegn country where English is not the prime language
By harry remmington
No - but of course you would find it easy to report your position
Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr near Cerrigydrudion in Conwy
By KNT754G
Nearby houses have not been affected.

Typical journalism to make a comment like that.

Surprised they didn't make mention of "narrowly missing" the nearest hospital 40 miles away!
By Rob P
A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service, North Wales Region, said: "A 60-year-old male had a fractured left ankle and lacerations to his left jaw. The other man had face and leg injuries."

Harry has a point. What a nightmare trying to give a position report!

Rob P
By GrahamB
The nearest named settlement to the accident site on the UK CAA chart is Corwen. Not that difficult really, even for a non-English speaker :roll:
By Betty Boop
It seems they were on the way to Oshkosh ...?
By JohnL
I used to shoot around Corwen. There are not many level fields, except those that are essentially bog and most are small and/or rock strewn so not the best area to have to have to do a force landing which perhaps explains the state of the wreckage.
By Keef
Indeed. I know the area well, and would not want to have to do a forced landing round there.
By G-BLEW
I believe that they were on the way to Oshkosh. The rumour is that it was an engine failure. If that's true, then a rock strewn field in Wales is much better than the North Atlantic!

Ian
Last edited by G-BLEW on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Iceman
Has anyone ever seen the report for the Swiss aircraft that crashed on takeoff from somewhere in Switzerland last year whilst en route to Oshkosh ?

Iceman 8)
By Betty Boop
G-BLEW wrote:I believe that they were on tehhe way to Oshkosh. The rumour is that it was an engine failure. If that's true, then a rock strewn field in Wales is much better than the North Atlantic!

Ian

That's what I think.... :oops:
By PeteSpencer
I've had a PM from a chap called Nico on a French Aviation website who knows them well: they're from his aeroclub and he helped them plan the flight. He's pretty well shattered by the news ( though the terms he used were a bit meatier)..

I've offered what help I can but being stuck on the opposite side of the country that ain't going to be much, other than speaking to the hospital and helping out if language problems.

Nico's not got back to me yet, but if they need help would anyone in that region be prepared to help two fellow flyers in distress?

Edit:

Local aeroclub has contacted local police who have recovered their passports and they are on their way home...........

Sad ending for a UK jolly: but at least they survived.

Peter