Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:Be great if the French accept a PMD with a UK issued Part-FCL PPL.... cos then I can spend even more on actual flying.

They do, as long as you use it to fly a homebuilt or certain 'historic' aircraft.
By Sooty25
Final goal for 2021, get one more hour aloft, come on weather give me a break!

Fly more hours in my aeroplane, than any previous year (start to catch up on the shocking past 2 years)

Fly it further from base than anywhere previously (that won't be hard!)

Solo the L-4 hangared next door.
StratoTramp liked this
By MichaelP
Two years ago I hoped to do some touring in France and Switzerland as I once did years ago. That would be nice.

Goals:
To afford to do some unhindered flying.

To keep my hand in instructing in Canada. Anyone wanting their seaplane rating let me know, I’ve done a few!
(I renewed my Class 2 Instructor Rating... Two instructor flight tests this year, UK CRI, and Canadian Class 2).
I plan a few weeks in the Spring, and maybe in the Summer too.

It would be good to use my CRI too...

To move to the West Country... There’s a Cub there I can fly.
There’s also an aeroplane to be built, I’d like to restore my old Condor, and there’s a plan to replace A65s with 912Fs. So I suppose I need to start an aircraft factory of a kind.

In other words, to break out of these doldrums and get on with something exciting.
StratoTramp, JJMurphy, T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
By MattL
Do some more MEP instruction now qualified

Fly my 1000th Air Cadet - would have done last year if it wasn’t for the obvious

Would like to get a piggyback FAA licence as well; I’ve lost track of all the how to do it these days so need to get back up to speed / get some advice with that
T6Harvard liked this
By seanxair
1. Just fly more often and go A - B - A at least rather than just local
2. Meet other Groppo Trail owners - we have just formed a WhatsApp group to share info
3. Meet some forumites at fly-ins. It will be really good to put faces and (real) names to people
4. We are hoping to have a fly-out to Ireland from our airfield which will be a big leap for me (don't cross the local reservoir which isn't very wide)
5. Fly my aircraft from my own strip when I've become confident and comfortable with its and my performance
6. And fly to the LAA rally :D

Edited to remove invasive apostrophe :oops:
T6Harvard liked this
By MichaelP
Would like to get a piggyback FAA licence as well; I’ve lost track of all the how to do it these days so need to get back up to speed / get some advice with that

Go on the faa.gov website.
It may still be true that you email your documents there, or send the form to Oklahoma.
Then make an appointment with an FSDO.
By Dave W
MattL wrote:Would like to get a piggyback FAA licence as well; I’ve lost track of all the how to do it these days so need to get back up to speed / get some advice with that

Take a look at this on the Licensing forum. Should still be accurate if starting from scratch, I think.
MattL liked this
By Dodo
And for what it's worth my ambitions are to keep G-AVLO flying for another year, and perhaps learn some gentle aerobatics & to do a few long trips in the PA28 Archer Shareoplane.
T6Harvard, AndyR liked this
By Ben Twings
Go to California.

Retrieve my RV-8 (The one that Jonny liked on last week's livestream, but I had to leave behind when I moved back last year).

Fly it back home.

Find some more hangar space (hopefully done in advance).
Dave W, JJMurphy liked this