Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By bilko2
Can anyone recommend a PC simulator that incorporates the newer fancy PBN GPS?

I expect I will have to replace my venerable 430 soon and I would like to be able to practice.
By PaulisHome
I've used X-Plane 11. There's a Mooney Ovation model with a GTN750 and a Mooney 201 with a GNS430 (I think). Other types of aircraft exist - I wanted a Mooney since that's what I fly.

It was a very good way of learning to fly PBN. However there are still some differences between the sim and the actual thing - in my case because the coupling with the HSI and autopilot was different. But the GTN750 was a pretty good representation.

Paul
Melanie Moxon liked this
By pete2052
Garmin have a gtn650/750 simulator for pc free on their website which allows you to practice the button pressing... which is what most of it is about.
By Lefty
No, the Avidyne 740 & 750 are direct competitors.
If you have an exec jet - (or exec jet pockets), you might choose Rockwell Collins.
By GrahamB
bilko2 wrote:Can anyone recommend a PC simulator that incorporates the newer fancy PBN GPS?

I expect I will have to replace my venerable 430 soon and I would like to be able to practice.

Which 430 do you have?

Both non-W and W variants are capable of meeting PBN requirements, although the non-W can only meet the most basic RNAV requirements. The W can do RNP-1 and RNP-APR with the relatively inexpensive STC from GAMA. Squeezing a few more years of life from what you have may be a less expensive route than a full replacement.
wigglyamp liked this