Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Most of the electronic control boxes in transport category jets are in an avionics compartment below the flight deck so having the circuit breakers in the flight deck doesn't require any huge rerouting of wiring.
IMCR wrote:
I am not sure if I was the crew I would have agreed to the incident being portrayed in the way it was from a professional stance, but perhaps they were seduced by the director! I can imagine they might be taking a little stick from their colleagues.

They did nothing wrong.

It wasnt so much whether or not they did anything wrong - just surprising that you or the manual wouldnt suggest checking the breakers. The suggestion was the breakers only got checked when ops suggested doing so. It may well be another matter whether SOPs allows the crew to reset a breaker. Maybe just me, but if a circuit doesnt work the first thing I tend to suspect / check is the breaker, especially one such as this when you would have thought there is not much else to check. Maybe it is recalling being embarassed once when I did the same thing on a system to be told without any further ado by the engineer - "did you check the breaker" - of course I hadnt but vowed never to make that mistake again!
I don't know if all film companies are the same.

Lion Television were filming our company for the best part of a year and they broadcast 12 x 1 hour programmes about the business on Quest Channel 37.

We had to agree that they could film just about what they wanted but they were always adamant they were not intending to show us in a bad light.

They always showed us the edited programme and apart from a few obvious inaccuracies we left the content as it was, warts and all. I was a bit uncomfortable about one or two things but the feed back from our industry was nothing but positive.

I expect the same has happened with easyJet. I thought it was a good programme, may have raised a few eyebrows with some but hey, that's life. Everybody survived.
G-BLEW, Barcli, kanga and 1 others liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
National geographic did some filming at my place of work for the "megastructures" series. All a bit over dramatised and with a few blinding errors for those that were there, but overall, for the average viewer who knows nothing of my job, it was pretty good. I missed the show being discussed, but suspect it is similar.

Regards, SD..
By riverrock
I've been followed around by a couple of different crews, while working with a charity I volunteer at. It does also depend on the crew - what they are trying to get out of it.
1) We were about 1/3 of the content of a 3 part BBC documentary http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vhgdz and got a lot of positive feedback and comments. They were out with us about 5 nights spread over 12 months, if I remember correctly. They did focus on others rather than me (so you only see the back of my head a few times) which is probably good for everyone. As a charity, the leadership team got a preview of the content before editing was complete, and apparently they could have vetoed things in it, but there wasn't anything they were unhappy with. It wasn't quite a true flavour of what the charity does, but it wasn't bad.
2) We were followed by a news crew and leaders interviewed for a background piece on Glasgow streets. Ended up a 3 min interest piece on local news / talk show
3) We were followed by a documentary crew (planned for Channel 5) - originally planned for 4 sorties, which was looking at drunken and gang violence in cities. They soon found that people recognised us from a distance, so when we went towards an incident, the perpetrators got immediately distracted and any violence stopped. They also weren't interested when we stopped to talk to / help homeless people. They gave up and didn't use any of the footage.
By PeteSpencer
I thought it was very entertaining and informative.

I particularly likes the CRM during the training flights.

I had no idea starting salaries were so high and that there were effectively only two 'increments' between rookie two stripes and captain four stripes.

Peter
white light wrote:Stalling - suppose to terrify pilots, the plane 'plummets towards the ground'
Dear me....

"The pilot needs to fight the controls to regain control" too, and "apply power and pull out of the dive"

Wasn't that student doing a solo nav last week ?

I had to explain to my wife who is a nervous flyer it was bs. That was a standard power off stall with a little bit of a wing drop, and recoverable in a few seconds. I also had to explain what incipient means, and why hopefully we'd not find ourselves stalling anyway.

It's a bit irresponsible at times.
By Ridders
Cessna57 wrote:Wasn't that student doing a solo nav last week?
yup 'Sophie has just returned from New Zealand having nailed flying on her own with only a map'. - with a full moving map GPS display in front of her :lol:

Noticed they disguise the registration on the slingsby on some clips ...but not others - as it was clearly filmed on different aircraft on different sorties. (L and F on tail...)

I've learnt from her that Ginger helps for Aeros. Not sure I want to take along a ging on every flight in pax seat
Maxthelion liked this