Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By RussStein
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Stopped here today.

Only A/C on the ramp
Im sure it was Alex who closed our FP...helped us refuel and took an embarrassingly modest landing fee. What a lovely chap.

For sure my first ' port of call's on all future euro adventures.....
alex calais LFAC liked this
By hatzflyer
I always use Calais when I can for customs it has a lot going for it. Not least of all it means l can land and remove the life jacket. There isn't room to do that in flight in the 4 . I did manage to catch the toggle in the cockpit a few weeks ago and inflate it though !
Am I correct in thinking that I can clear customs at Calais and then fly to Belgium without needing customs there ( only a flight plan ) or has this changed ?
By Pete L
Met Alex on Friday on the way to Annecy for the first time. He and his lady colleague on the Sunday were really helpful.

Sunday had over 30 aircraft on the apron - visitors from toutes directions, but managed by very few people with speed and aplomb.

I like the new management at the restaurant - they were still managing to deliver quick eats while hosting a massive formal dinner for a party of microlighters.
2Donkeys liked this
By patowalker
Pete L wrote:I like the new management at the restaurant - they were still managing to deliver quick eats while hosting a massive formal dinner for a party of microlighters.

Belgians, on the way to Fowlmere for the Duxford airshow.
By TLRippon
Had a lovely lunch at Calais on Saturday. Our two aircraft were the only ones visiting with one based aircraft on the ramp. No ATC so French AtoA not a problem when that quiet.
Food was fantastic and prompt.
By PeteSpencer
We were there two Saturdays ago: We were the only aircraft on the ramp (apart from a parked and sheeted Mooney) and a local Robin doing trial lessons.

However, the Restaurant was full of locals:

This will be good for Reynald if he builds up a local reputation before the winter months when the Brit visitors drop off: ISTR it was the fallow winter months which put paid to the last two business ventures.

Peter
2Donkeys, Europaul383 liked this