Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PaulO
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Seems like we might be having an aviation emergency coming up in TV's Casualty later this year.

A crew spent the day filming at Kemble yesterday. Action was based around a Commander 114 with a slightly altered registration (marked as G-BBIE). There was also a Rescue Helicopter, rather nice old Jaguar (car) and a guy in a kilt !

Quite a day for visitors, G-BLEW, N33NW and a rather nice Cirrus SR22 G2 were parked out the front of AV8. The pilots of atleast the first two were parked inside, which is not an unusual sight.

This all came a day after the main runway at Kemble was closed for a while when one of the 'Ultimate High' Extras groundlooped following a brake failure and suffered damage.
By Guest
Quite a day for visitors, G-BLEW, N33NW and a rather nice Cirrus SR22 G2 were parked out the front of AV8. The pilots of atleast the first two were parked inside, which is not an unusual sight.

Pilots of all three spent much of the day in and out of AV8. The Cirrus was very nice indeed, and you'll doubtless see the fruits of our labours in a magazine near you at some point soon.
By Neil MacG
PaulO wrote:This all came a day after the main runway at Kemble was closed for a while when one of the 'Ultimate High' Extras groundlooped following a brake failure and suffered damage.

A work mate of mine was there when it happened - just about to sign up and go for his first lesson for about a year. Said he was having second thoughts about it - but still went up anyway. I understand no one injured :) , but I guess its likely to hurt flyguys pocket :( .

Neil
By maxalpha
I flew the sr22 g2 yesterday ,what a great plane it goes up like a home sick angel and is a delight to fly , the pfd display is full of information very clever .i want one !