What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By ollieholmes
Well done to everyone for flying in. I did not expect that many aircraft to turn up, i have logged over 100 registrations. I hope everyone got home safely at the end of the day.

The two displays from Peter Holloways fleet where a nice suprise, espesialy to see the Klemm fly. And to Peter Teichmann for bringing the gorgous P40 and another impressive display.

It was nice to meet the few people i did, the only one i remember was Wellesbourne flyer, appologies to the others.

In terms of photos if people are interested the best way is to contact me either here or by email and i will go through my photos. My offer still stands to put some money in the pot for the burnt childrens charity for each photo.
By The Westmorland Flyer
What a brilliant day! The Carlisle Mafia was out in force with three aircraft and 5 veterans. We travelled more or less in convoy, spot on two hours down and just a few minutes longer going back.

Good to meet lots of you this year.

ollieholmes wrote:It was nice to meet the few people i did, the only one i remember was Wellesbourne flyer, appologies to the others.

I guess that was me Ollie, as I was wearing da badge.
By ollieholmes
The Westmorland Flyer wrote:What a brilliant day! The Carlisle Mafia was out in force with three aircraft and 5 veterans. We travelled more or less in convoy, spot on two hours down and just a few minutes longer going back.

Good to meet lots of you this year.

ollieholmes wrote:It was nice to meet the few people i did, the only one i remember was Wellesbourne flyer, appologies to the others.

I guess that was me Ollie, as I was wearing da badge.

It must have been you. It was nice to put a face to a name.
By Shunter
It was a strangely humbling experience today. One of my chaps flew us down there, even did a rock solid descent through a thick layer of cloud on instruments. The chap in the back (ex-navigator) did all the nav and was superb.

Both of them said it was the best day out they've had in years. In that respect I'd say mission well and truly accomplished. We plan to meet up again and go flying in the near future.
By African Skies
That parallels my experience today. Huricane Pilot flew us all the way down there, with Navigator in back keeping him right. What a team!
A really worthwhile day.
By Rob L
ollieholmes wrote:I did not expect this:

Those two were Vulcan & Victor pilot (lead); Wellington & Liberator pilot (sbd).

Your photo missed off the Halifax pilot (port).

Need a wider lens, Hoskins.

:wink:
By vintage ATCO
Good to see everyone I saw today. Photos later, bit cream crackered, and need to be up early to go to OW again tomorrow for a display. Will need to explain what we did to their airfield today! Yellow pages down the trouser job . . . :shock:
By Colin G
[/bb:677[bMAN[b being the taxi from the Hare & Hounds (still recovering from the experience) :wink:
vATCO for his sterling job at controlling - bet he needs a few drinks!!

Footage to be posted once the editing has been completed.
By Rob L
[quote='vATCO']Will need to explain what we did to their airfield today! Yellow pages down the trouser job . . .[/quote] I guess the mower man will need to make some new taxyways :? Sorry to bugger them up.

[quote='Colin G']vATCO for his sterling job[/quote] Not only vATCO, but [b]Cub [/b] did his gold-plated bit too.

Indeed well done to the Shuttleworth Collection management, Trustees, and all the Shuttleworth volunteers & crew.

And to [b]Hairyplane [/b]& RM for the displays.

And to PT for the P40 display.

A grand day out :P
By ollieholmes
Rob L wrote:
ollieholmes wrote:I did not expect this:

Those two were Vulcan & Victor pilot (lead); Wellington & Liberator pilot (sbd).

Your photo missed off the Halifax pilot (port).

Need a wider lens, Hoskins.

:wink:

Hehe there was a fin in the way. I have some lovely ones of the aircraft missing from the photo though. If you happen to be the owner i would be happy to send you a copy.
By ollieholmes
African Skies wrote:That parallels my experience today. Huricane Pilot flew us all the way down there, with Navigator in back keeping him right. What a team!
A really worthwhile day.

That rings a bell. we must have had a breid coversation over the fence before you departed.
By jerz
Elstree > Dunkeswell>Old Warden>Dunkeswell>Elstree,
A long day, but as the advert says "because your worth it"

What a terrific day, my three , 2 Spit and All sorts pilots, 1 Navigator had a brilliant day. It was plain to see in their faces that they had a great time.
Boring, never. It was a delight and priviliege to hear about many of their wartime experiences. It's a good job that my operating en route radar controllers required little of my attention, thus leaving more time for me to listen to what my vets had to say. It made their flights seem short.

What a brilliant event, loved every minute of it. It felt great to be able to give a little bit back to those guys who went through what they did to make this country great.
Sorry, what it is now is a differnt devastation, none of their doing and another story, I'm not doing politics today.

To the organisers who put in a lot of hard work and effort, I hope they enjoyed the massive response and numbers that happened today. ATC, worked extemely hard and kept everything flowing smoothly.
It will be interesting to see what numbers we did get and I hope that all the flights got home safely.

From me and my vets it's a massive Thank You for making it such a successful day. :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
By Gerard Clarke
I would like to begin a lobbying campaign to get Dennis Ray a CBE for his tireless work and unflappable humour in organising Project Propeller, year after year. Plaudits also to his wife Marie and her team of catering crew. At the very least, Dennis and the others who organise the event deserve to be recognised in the usual aviation awards.

Very good to see so many of you, and such wonderful old men, to whom we owe so very much - a very good day indeed.