Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By SimonM
Anyone else having problems displaying Notams lately.
Notamplot goes through the process of downloading the info but doesn't display anything.
By SimonM
I have been running V2.6 but reinstalled to see if it cured the problem. Unfortunately it hasn't. I'm getting the same thing on both the laptop and the desktop pc's.
By rholder
Working for me 1/3/11 at 21.30.

Sometimes there is corrupt data in the NOTAMS and that causes the program to crash, or fail to display.

I am not collecting all the data (no Scotland ... !) so your problem may be in some data which I don't ask for. Try reducing four types of data to three, two and one, and then the list of airfields for which you want the data, until the problem goes away, and then you will know which item causes it.

RFWH
By SimonM
rholder wrote:Working for me 1/3/11 at 21.30.

Sometimes there is corrupt data in the NOTAMS and that causes the program to crash, or fail to display.

I am not collecting all the data (no Scotland ... !) so your problem may be in some data which I don't ask for. Try reducing four types of data to three, two and one, and then the list of airfields for which you want the data, until the problem goes away, and then you will know which item causes it.

RFWH

Thanks RH, thats cracked it. Seems like the airfield notams were causing the problem.
By bsfish
I have the same problem with v2.6 and 2.4. 2.4 always worked before.
By bsfish
I have tried everything but still can't get it to download. Have tried downloading just enroute NOTAMS but still no joy. Any advice please?
By eharding
bsfish wrote:I have tried everything but still can't get it to download. Have tried downloading just enroute NOTAMS but still no joy. Any advice please?

If you're completely stuck, and unable to get a plot, then if you haven't done so already, you might want to take a look at a Google Chrome Extension I put together a while back - basically, it adds a plotting facility to the AIS NOTAM website. It currently lacks a set of persistent user-preferences that let you refine the filtering over and above that offered by the AIS interface, but I'm planning on devoting some time to sprucing it up over the next month or so.
By JamesB
Same problem here. I've tracked it down (at least on mine) to the "airfield information" download. If I have no airfields selected, the download completes OK. If I have some French airfields selected, it seems OK. When I try and include a UK airfield, it fails.

I've checked the data being passed between my computer and AvBrief's SOAP service - the data is being returned OK for UK airfields. Therefore the problem seems to be that Notamplot is not able to parse the data returned for UK airfields any more (perhaps a change in the schema) and is failing.