Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ozplane
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A Google Nexus 7 has arrived in the family and once I've prized it out of the hands of the ankle-biters I might get a go on it. I'm aware of the SD/iPAD fan club on this forum but I wondered if anybody had any experience of Air Nav Pro on this unit? I would only want it to replace my original Aware unit and use it for situational awareness. Or would Memory Map be better?
By gozap
After having used ANP on the iPad I found that the android version wasn't as slick. However, being able to run it on a cheap tablet which is small almost makes up for the shortcomings. No doubting upgrade which is well due on Android will improve it. As for MM it is also good for situational awareness but I prefer ANP for the added bells and whistles
By flybymike
What other prime purpose would a GPS device serve apart from situational awareness?
By ozplane
Thanks gozap. Your comment about an update for Android seems to be consistent with users views on the web-site. FBM, what I was trying to imply was that I don't really want or need route-planning, weather and the rest from my GPS device as it is only for replacing the Aware which doesn't give this data anyway.
By stevelup
Monocock wrote:certain people here who are 'encouraged' to promote SD ( :roll: )

I find it offensive that you believe people are not capable of free thought. Would you care to elaborate on how you feel people are 'encouraged' to promote SD?
By BlackheathBloke
stevelup wrote:I find it offensive that you believe people are not capable of free thought.

You're easily offended, take a chill pill...... :shock:
By stevelup
I'm feeling offended on behalf of others :lol:

Still curious as to what Mono's conspiracy theory is though...
By ak7274
Please don't feel offended on my behalf Steve. I have the ability to do so myself.

If, and I do say if, Sky Demon bring out there excellent software for Android. I will be among the first in the queue. Until then I am happy using the equipment I am currently using. Nothing against ios at all. Just far to expensive for the use I would get out of it.

I do hope my grammar and syntax is wrong, to allow further outrage from dedicated followers of the English language.
By BlackheathBloke
stevelup wrote:I'm feeling offended on behalf of others

Are you a close relative of the late Mary Whitehouse? :lol: :lol:
By Rob P
ak7274 wrote:
I do hope my grammar and syntax is wrong, to allow further outrage from dedicated followers of the English language.

ARE wrong FFS!

I am mortally offended on behalf of all lovers of the English language

Disgusted from Norfolk
By stevelup
ak7274 wrote:Please don't feel offended on my behalf Steve. I have the ability to do so myself

Given that you're not currently using SD, you're unlikely to be offended by the suggestion that all who do have been brainwashed!

Given that you're not currently using an iPad, you're also unlikely to be offended by the suggestion that all who do have been brainwashed!

;)

ps. it's iOS... :lol:
By ak7274
Touche Steve.

:lol:

Also very happy to give the language police a late Christmas present.

It's weird how well my Aircraft flies with me knot nowing how to spell and such.
By Flintstone
Rob P wrote:Disgusted from Norfolk

OF Norfolk FFS. :D

Breaking with tradition I'd like to head back on topic and say I want a 7" kneeboard Android tablet on which I can depict VFR charts. I've no room for paper charts or a GPS.

Mildly Upset OF Hertfordshire. :D
Last edited by Flintstone on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.