A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Per the title really. Need something to keep out the breezes with the scribbly pads on the knees on account of anything not nailed into the cockpit blowing away.
By Flintstone
I shall send my man down to Haymarket in the morning.
By mick w
16A Size 11 , no Knee Pads , only Ankle Pockets , so Knee Pad still required ...Pen Pockets though . :lol: :thumright:
By The Other Ian
I've got a spare Mk14a size 8 with all the required pockets and kneepad bits (and a survival knife). I fit into a size 6 normally and you're not that much fatter or taller than me (a couple inches in each direction at most) so you should be able to squeeze into an 8.

The sizes marked for a size 8 are: Chest 99/107; Height 180/186 (that's in cm :twisted:).
By Flintstone
Hi Ian.

Thanks for the offer. I can squeeze into an 8, in fact I do at the moment. In fact I think I look rather dashing for as long as I can hold my stomach in (usually up to the point where I sit in the cockpit and nobody can see me :D )

Problem is I can only really wear a single layer underneath, there's no room for (say) a jumper. My 'full on' winter option is a fleece lined microlight onesie but I'd really like something in between. Like a size 9!
By Joe Dell
I have a size 9. 14A. Needs a minor repair. Looks like a single stab wound in the back :shock:
Otherwise fine. All map pockets etc. Yours for a £10 donation to my fuel fund.
By Flintstone
Joe Dell wrote:I have a size 9. 14A. Needs a minor repair. Looks like a single stab wound in the back :shock:
Otherwise fine. All map pockets etc. Yours for a £10 donation to my fuel fund.

I'll have that if you don't mind. I might just add some fake blood and leave the hole as is. War wound.......shrapnel from the 'nam*......you weren't there man, you weren't there!

* Cheltenham.
Last edited by Flintstone on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mick w
Years ago , we used to buy them from a local Salvage man & many had been ' holed ' to render them unsaleable ?. :?
By Rob P
They cut mine off me in A&E which at the time seemed the least of my worries.

But I really am feeling its loss now. I have replaced it with an Italian one, very natty, but like Flint's only wearable with thin layers beneath. But worst of all, no kneepad. I hadn't realised how much I'd miss those.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Flintstone
mick w wrote:Years ago , we used to buy them from a local Salvage man & many had been ' holed ' to render them unsaleable ?. :?

Sure you're not thinking of parachutes? Not that I'm saying you're big or anything...
By dmarti32
Used to get mine from the Army surplus stall in Swansea Market.
By PeteSpencer
Flint: If you're still looking I have a size 9 completely unused with all the kneepads/ ankle pockets etc.

(given to me but I rapidly out grew it in the midriff dimension so worn half a dozen times.)

Trouble is it went into store as part of our house move last week: I'll see if it's accessible next time I go to the store and check size etc in a few days' time if you're still interested.

Peter
By mick w
Flintstone wrote:
mick w wrote:Years ago , we used to buy them from a local Salvage man & many had been ' holed ' to render them unsaleable ?. :?

Sure you're not thinking of parachutes? Not that I'm saying you're big or anything...

Now you mention it , he also supplied us with Drogue Chutes , for the Gliding Club . :thumright: