A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
Hi team

I had a problem with our Piper yoke mounted elevator electric trim switch (PA28) I slid the button forward and it keep going - onto the floor ! The manual wheel is quite stiff, so I need to replace the electric switch.

Does anyone have one that I can buy ?

[Could exchange for some ANR stuff !]

Richard Holder
By Keef
It's a two-pole centre-off changeover switch and notorious for breaking. The Piper article costs close on £1,000 most of which is the insurance premium against it sticking, killing someone, and the US courts awarding billions in punitive damages.

Radiospares do a suitable switch (about £4) but it doesn't come with the right paperwork.
I changed ours a few years ago. It was a lot less than a grand. £125 or so. Irony is I don't use it as like you rholder the manual trim needs to be too tight to move in order for the electric trim to bite. The trim mechanism clutch needs replacing apparently which is a lot of labour so I have a nice switch which is turned off! No you can't have it! :-)