For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Jim Jones
I understand it is my role to have the closing post on all threads.
By Boxkite
Why is it so rare for regular posters to put the full title in the subject?

Edited to comment on flint's message below: is it allowed to post more in a previous post but after Jim's post (chronologically speaking)?
Last edited by Boxkite on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Point of order.

Jim had posted which means nobody else ca........ dammit.
By Keef
I could cheat and get the last word in...

... before locking the thread. But that would be abuse of somethingorother.
By Race200
ZOGman wrote:Why is it so rare to see regular, participating forumites, actually post a new topic?

Maybe for fear of being shot down with "That's been asked before, why didn't you use the search function?".

If you chat with your mates and ask a question that you or someone else has asked before, you wouldn't expect them to criticise you for repeating something or asking the same thing again. So why do people on this forum jump on other forumites so readily?
Last edited by Race200 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jim Jones
It's what we call those who can't think of a smart reply, short for forum doormats,
By hatzflyer
I actually started a new thread last night, asking about pilots reactions to two recent events.
I pulled it though because I thought it might invite too much flack. :( .
Some people seem to attack anyone that doesn't share their views.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You know what... I'm becoming convinced about something.

Maybe it's acid rain from China or something but a lot of folks skin seems extremely thin these days.

People who would previously have made their point and stood their ground have turned into wallflowers.
By Paultheparaglider
Quite. It is important not to misread a difference of opinion as a personal insult. Particularly on an internet forum where the audience will likely be both diverse and, often, opinionated.
By Keef
You are Johnny and I claim my £5.

I suppose I should move this thread to Non-Av, but I'm going out.