For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyingmac
I've been trying to download Fly-in photos from my camera and from a USB card reader. I keep getting an error message. SEMAPHORE TIMEOUT PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. (4GB SDHC). Does anyone have an idea what's going on?
By Keef
Dunno where Semaphore comes into it. I'm a morse man, myself.

I download pix from my camera using Windows Explorer (the plain ordinary file manager thing). I had to go into Control Panel - Admin Tools - Disk Management and assign the camera a drive letter of its own (P cos it's a Panasonic and that makes it easy to remember). Then, I can copy and move and delete from the camera without needing to take the SD card out.
By Vince C
Blame these guys. They get tired after a while.

By kanga
Vince C wrote:Blame these guys. They get tired after a while.

.. but signal flags can be left up for a LONG time (and have been, on HMS Victory ..)
By Vince C
kanga wrote:
Vince C wrote:Blame these guys. They get tired after a while.

.. but signal flags can be left up for a LONG time (and have been, on HMS Victory ..)

Uh? Am I missing summat or are you too young to get the joke? :?
By kanga
Vince C wrote:..

Uh? Am I missing summat or are you too young to get the joke? :?

sorry, should have added explicit smiley!

[but it is nice, these days, to be considered too young for anything .. :) ]
By pfoomer
Flyingmac wrote:I've been trying to download Fly-in photos from my camera and from a USB card reader. I keep getting an error message. SEMAPHORE TIMEOUT PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. (4GB SDHC). Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Gosh so many 'experts'!!!

Did you try the direct route I suggested?, and are you running on a Mac?