Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By BrianRoth
I am interested to hear which airfields have car hire available over weekends, either nearby or for pickup/drop off at the field itself.

For example, several years ago the flying club on the IoM had a banged out jalopy for hire which was perfect for exploring the island; Sandown on the other hand had a care hire place within walking distance of the airfield but was closed over weekends.

This is related to my other topic "Nearby Attractions" (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99928) and the desire to explore new and interesting places rather than limiting myself and fellow passengers to the proverbial £100 hamburger and the attractions on the airfield only.

As always, many thanks in advance.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Jersey is always good in that respect as the companies will typically bring the car to you at the aeroclub and you can leave the car in the aeroclub car park and the keys in the club on return.

David Howitt who lives adjacent to the strip at Glenforsa typically has cars for hire. Sometimes, the hotel also has a car that you can use.

Iceman 8)
By GrahamB
Welshpool has an independent garage which does car hire just up the road 15 mins walk away, and would probably drop-off or pick up if you asked nicely, particularly if you were arriving or departing out of hours.
By matspart3
Europcar, Avis and Blink available at Gloucester. Book though the Airport website gloucestershireairport.co.uk for exclusive* rates

*there might be cheaper online rates, I genuinely don't know
By Foo Gee
Rennes has some very affordable (in my opinion) car hire at the airport which is available definitely on Saturdays but possibly Sundays too - not sure.

Dinard also has car hire available on site but not sure of weekend opening times without doing a search.

Bike hire is available (nice easy cycling) at Quiberon town centre and there's a brilliant restaurant overlooking the ocean within a very easy cycle ride.

Alderney doesn't warrant car hire!!!
By kui2324
Islay they can park it in the car park.
Anywhere there is an Enterprise near by they will pick you up and take you to the office - I've used the office closest to Hawarden for a weekend trip.