Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By seanjd
Well I am getting a bit frustrated now, as still no date set to collect, but that's aviation for you :|
When I had the independant survey done it was identified there was a bit of play in the aileron system at the base of the front control column. Inspector said it would need attention at some point, but was fit to fly. The permit had expired*, so I put a deposit down and the agreement was the owner would get the permit sorted. When their inspector checked the aircraft, they 'snagged' the aileron for excessive play. Owner said they would sort and ordered the parts which arrived 3 weeks ago. I spoke to them yesterday and asked for an update, but the aircraft hasn't been touched yet!
If the aircraft was local I would do it myself and get it inspected and permit flight done, but it is at Popham, a 5 hour drive away!
Patience is a virtue, as the saying goes :!:

*I know technically a permit does not expire, it is the certificate of validity
By seanjd
Well finally the stars and planets aligned and I collected 'WA' from Popham and brought her to the sunny North West :D
It was an epic day for me in so many ways, and one I shall always remember.
Many thanks to all who have offered guidance, help & advice, but a special thanks to RichV :thumleft: What an absolute gent you are sir and I am forever in your debt :wink:
I left home at 0440 for the long drive sarf, and landed at Blackpool at 2040, having popped into Ha'penny Green for some fuel enroute. Thanks to the fire crew there for a much needed cuppa :)
By Tomahawker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Great news - Congrats Sean. Time to post us a picture surely ? Hope you enjoy the summer...
(Got close up last week for the first time to a vintage Aeronca, think it was a Champ. Spotted in an opened hangar in Cardiff (EGFF), I wandered in and was greeted by a lovely chap called Alan, who was working on it, making some aluminium brackets. Made my 40 yr old Archer look soooo new! The cockpit reeked of history).
seanjd liked this
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Good news Sean you must be relieved to have her home.

Hope to see you in the skies around the NW later in the year when I return to the UK.

Perhaps you can drop in to my home field for a brew one day. I'll send you a pm.
seanjd liked this
By Lockhaven
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:Good news Sean you must be relieved to have her home.

Hope to see you in the skies around the NW later in the year when I return to the UK.

Perhaps you can drop in to my home field for a brew one day. I'll send you a pm.

A NW flyin ?
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Lockhaven wrote:
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:Good news Sean you must be relieved to have her home.

A NW flyin ?

We have one every year. The Ince fly-in and barbecue is legendary.
seanjd liked this