Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By aerfungus
Hi All
I understand N55EU was impounded by UK Border Force/NCA in 2014 at Breighton, N Yorks. It will be coming up for disposal sale soon, but without log books or maintenance history. I would appreciate it if anyone has any info about the aircraft, i.e where it was based, who maintained it,maintenance records etc if they could share the info, either here or PM.

Many thanks
By Flyingfox1985
Speaking to someone who was involved with the "case" it was dismantled into lots and lots of pieces and put on a low loader and is stored in Doncaster somewhere, unless you know different??
By rvtor
This aircraft is currently at Wilsons Auctions Mallusk Belfast Northern IReland pending auction disposal,wings and tail plane are removed but sitting adjacent otherwise intact, inside a little ruffled headlining etc
By pullup
You may be interested to hear he got 19 years and his cohorts got 23 and 24 years.
They imported 8 % of the total cocaine for the year.
They should burn the thing.
By Old Pilot
The question is who decided to pull the aircraft apart? Surely the police or customs could have seized the log books and sold as is where is? Proceeds of crime unit won't get much for this aircraft now.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
garethep wrote:
pullup wrote:They should burn the thing.

Why?

I should think there's enough fairy dust knocking about inside to send sniffer dogs loopy for the next decade or so.... :wink:

Peter
By BlackheathBloke
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PeteSpencer wrote:I should think there's enough fairy dust knocking about inside to send sniffer dogs loopy for the next decade or so.... :wink:

Peter

Unlikely, when you're getting paid by the KG the last thing you want is any stock leakage!
By rvtor
Transportation to NI has resulted in the airframe sustaining probable damage the wings are lying along side on the ground with the other wing and tail on top separated by used car tyres. Inside due to the circumstances has taken its total on headlining seats etc.
By pullup
So it's basically scrap. As I said burn it and save the expense of trying to sell it!
Same with his house....to hell with correctness!