Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By fuzzflyer
Looking for a new radio and see a trig manufacturer, does anyone have experience or comments on these please?
By BobM
I fitted the Trig tt21 transponder to the Chipmunk and think its excellent. I fitted it myself - very easy- and when the avionics engineer checked it he got +/- 10 ft all the way to 30000. He said he'd never seen a problem with a Trig piece of equipment and when I've contacted the customer service they were very good. ( mounting question and getting a CAA minor mod issued )
We will be fitting the TY91 this winter. :thumleft:
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've had TRIG in various aircraft I've owned and they're excellent. No reliability issues and built really well.

The Seiko of avionics.
By pat
Fitted TY91 to my LAA Bristell myself, and have been very pleased indeed.

Also Trig HQ are extremely helpful. (I had self caused wiring problem with transponder!! :oops: )

Pat
By Grumpy One
Fitted a Trig TY91 radio about three years ago (I particularly liked the remote electrical gubbins boxy thingy, which enabled a very flexible positioning fit).
So pleased was I with the Trig radio, that when my King transponder went tits-up a month ago, I had a Trig TT31 transponder fitted to replace it.
- It looks OK and works well so far. I'd have preferred the push button operation of a Garmin 330 Xponder, but that would have been almost twice the cost..
By Aubrey
We've got Trig radios and transponders fitted in all 5 of our aircraft. I'd definitely recommend them, small, easy to use and they work very well. After sales support seems to be very good too.
By Rob P
I'd like to have supported Trig, but their Bendix King badged (tray mount) transponder is far better ergonomically than their own badged version. Sad that.

Rob P
By Paul_Sengupta
Grumpy One wrote:- It looks OK and works well so far. I'd have preferred the push button operation of a Garmin 330 Xponder, but that would have been almost twice the cost..

Unless you went for the Bendix King KT74, which is said Trig with a fancy push button front end. :D
By Bob Upanddown
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Grumpy One wrote:- It looks OK and works well so far. I'd have preferred the push button operation of a Garmin 330 Xponder, but that would have been almost twice the cost..

Unless you went for the Bendix King KT74, which is said Trig with a fancy push button front end. :D

And how many KT74's have you seen fitted? I think Trig would corner the market if only they would release a press-button version. I hate my existing King transponder with all it's button-twiddling, the Garmin 328 and 330 are so much easier to use but too flipping expensive. I bet if Trig introduced a push-button version, Garmin prices would drop to match.
In the meantime, I enjoy the anonymity of Mode C.
By Ian Melville
BobM wrote:I fitted the Trig tt21 transponder to the Chipmunk and think its excellent. I fitted it myself - very easy- and when the avionics engineer checked it he got +/- 10 ft all the way to 30000....

The Trig may be OK, but I think the altimeter is 8ugg3rd

:D