Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By mand26
Now I have the plane, the journey begins in earnest...... Race2Darwin is on and I'm packing......
By davey
mand26 wrote:Now I have the plane, the journey begins in earnest...... Race2Darwin is on and I'm packing......

Although not packing much by the sound of it .... :D

P.s. good luck, I wish you well...
By cirrostratus
If not Croydon, then maybe Kenley (sorry have no contact there) or surely Redhill would be willing to host your send off? ....Satcop ?
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Looking at the other, more public attempt, which has got to Rhodes already, I'm more and more convinced Amanda deserves support.

Is there news of the Scandinavian chap, whose adventure is also being undertaken the hard way? Sorry, I've forgotten his name, so will have to google a while...

Edit:

Johan Wiklund flying Cape to Cape.
By Ian Melville
Surprise visitor at Enstone Flying Club today as Amanda Harrison drops in after picking up the Race2Darwin Tiger Moth.

Checking out what a Stearman looks like when it's behind you.
By Dusty_B
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ian, that is my quote of the day! :thumright:
By mand26
When you have been working towards a dream for so long, there is no way I was giving in. Having found some amazing sponsors, and an aeroplane I was half way there already. So never one to give in, it has now turned in a #Race2Darwin. Although I am doing the adventure solo flying and no support aircraft, flying the original route apart from Syria, even I lack the guts for that one, in a DE Havilland Moth, just like Amy Johnson, as I wish to pay true homage to my hero. 19 days is the target to bet.
By Lockhaven
If the other competitor is already in Rhodes barring technical failures how is it going to be possible for you to beat her to Australia ?

Great challenge and best of luck.
By Flyingfemme
Lockhaven wrote:If the other competitor is already in Rhodes barring technical failures how is it going to be possible for you to beat her to Australia ?

She seems to be taking a somewhat leisurely approach............
By Ian Melville
Dusty_B wrote:Ian, that is my quote of the day! :thumright:

Did you notice who was photobombing in the top right corner :-)