Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That was good - very welcoming. Loads of scenic stuff around there, and possibly a better stopping off place for sightseeing than Caernafon. On the list for an overnight next year.
By weirdfish
Thanks Paul :thumleft:

Although my tongue aches now from following that :D
By Grumpy One
A grunge of us Grumpy people are planning on a Llanbedr visit next weekend (8th) - Beware :clown:
By matspart3
Grumpy One wrote:A grunge of us Grumpy people are planning on a Llanbedr visit next weekend (8th) - Beware :clown:

Fuel & cake with us on your way home? :D
By Julius Seizure
Grumpy One wrote:A grunge of us Grumpy people are planning on a Llanbedr visit next weekend (8th) - Beware :clown:

Us too! Subject to the weather. We'll make a decision mid-week.

JS.
By Grumpy One
matspart3 wrote:Fuel & cake with us on your way home? :D

A distinct possibility mon ami - What sort of cake? Has it got currants in it? Low sugar content please. Big ...... No.......Huge slices are a must :pig: :clown: . Keep Sengupta off mine :D

Your 'customer' Waveyman (or whatever he calls himself!), said he might join us in Llanbunkr too.
Julius S.- I'll show you my Flyer lanyard if you show me yours. :pirat:
By Julius Seizure
Grumpy One wrote:Julius S.- I'll show you my Flyer lanyard if you show me yours. :pirat:

Arr! They had run out of them at Sywell when I got there. :(

I will be clutching a free landing voucher from the latest mag, though!

JS.
By PaulB
Indeed.... after 3 (or possibly 4) previous attempts that failed due weather, we got there today. It's massive!

Nice cafe. Friendly folk.
By Tristan
Hoping to pop up here on the 19th after a currency check!
By Waveflyer
Went there again today, one of many visits, with a dozen or more Grumpies and it was sooooooo busy, wonderful to see.

The cafe was packed, the wait was long but the girls worked so hard to make it all the more enjoyable.

This place really does deserve a tick and a star.

And with the weather, what a fabulous day.

Well done Llanbedr :clap: :clap: :clap:
By SteveN
I would add the preparation of the food was exceptional :)
By Morten
Also made it to Llanbedr from Elstree today on what was an absolutely lovely day's flying!
Brize didn't seem to know where it was until I said EGFD - must have been my pronunciation...

Didn't see many grumpy faces in the caff - everyone was smiling and happy!

Although I thought there might be some forumites there I wasn't sure. Having briefly toyed with the idea of standing on a chair saying 'I am Morten' and waiting for a response, we decided to walk off to Shell Island for an ice cream and some sea breeze. When we dropped by the caff later it was rather emptier - but the food was just as good :-)

A very enjoyable visit - must get back soon!

Morten
(who left his Flyer voucher at home but was happy to put some real money into what is a good cause :thumleft: )