Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chipmeisterc
Presumably that was jollyrog and he is happy to have one of his touch and go's captured in a pretty unique manner? :D
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice opportunity for the police helicopter to get some aerial footage at Redhill.

Iceman 8)
By jollyrog
Yes, shame it wasn't HD, but nice all the same. No penalty points or speed awareness course attached either :-)
By QSD
matthew_w100 wrote:Will you have to do a speed awareness course now?

So that he is aware how slowly he is going?
By jollyrog
Slow? That video is proof that I was keeping up with the modern helicoper.
By XX
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Huh, get them to film you again when you are having to pull off one of your spectacular crosswind landings, because of that silly rule which says a non transponder equipped aeroplane can't use the north-south runway at Redhil
- even a based, known, resident! :twisted:
By jollyrog
That would be like nicking the aviation equivalent of a Robin Reliant moli, not deserving of a helicopter chase!

I did get an email that evening from someone at our hangar. It started "the police were in here earlier looking for the bloke with the beard who was flying the white Cub".

A moment of panic, before I read the rest of the email. I had no idea they were on the helistrip, let alone filming me.
By jollyrog
XX wrote:Huh, get them to film you again when you are having to pull off one of your spectacular crosswind landings, because of that silly rule which says a non transponder equipped aeroplane can't use the north-south runway at Redhil
- even a based, known, resident! :twisted:

We have that from inside the aircraft xx, ended up being non radio too, if you remember. Dunno about "spectacular", but it was fun.