Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

We've not had a skydiving punch-up for a while but I think this one is beyond contention.

* pun intended.
By townleyc
What actually happened here? I found it rather confusing. Is there some background?

KE
By Flintstone
Looks to me like the skydivers climbed out, created drag, pilot failed to compensate. He either couldn't see the lower aircraft in the first place or lost sight when the organ donors hung off the strut and/or he allowed the aircraft to drift to the right and descend.
By Iceman
It was very lucky that there were neither fatalities nor serious injuries. Just as well that the 182L pilot was wearing a parachute after that wing loss. It wasn't the first time that aircraft have collided in-flight and it won't be the last ! Plenty of beers in the bar that night I suspect !

Iceman 8)
By Sooty25
all 9 skydivers and both pilots survived.

We'll have to assume the Cessna wreckage didn't fall into a school or playground.

I assume that went down to pilot error!
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
It was over Superior Wisconsin. Wherever the aeroplane landed it would have improved the environment. Whoever called it Superior proved that irony is alive and well in the USA*.

Ian

*yes I know it's all about the lake
By rf3flyer
Hairy scary! But, since everyone survived and no one below got bombed, wasn't it great that so many Go Pros were involved.
By GAFlyer4Fun
This incident is being shown on Channel 5 program "Seconds From Death : World's Worst Near Misses".
Being broadcast now until 9pm.