Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have flown quite a few week long trips to the continent, basically trying to get as far as I can in 3 days then heading back, but I rather fancy basing my a/c (pa28-140) somewhere for a week at an airfield with a hotel within an easy day's flying from Shoreham and then doing some local flying trips to nearby fields but returning each night to a comfortable base with food and accommodation on site.

I have considered Abbeville and Texel, both of which have hotels. Texel may be a problem as I have no Mode S in this a/c so it will probably be France.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations? If there was a friendly flying club to practice my "Fr Seulement" that would be a bonus.

(I'd want about 700 m or more. Grass is fine)

thanks

Dodo
By ChampChump
Central and in easy reach for you is Chartres, with motels in easy walking distance of the airfield.

Most of the French airfields in my logbook are French only, up to a couple of miles from hotels and therefore walkable but it'd be a bit of list, as they all rate as friendly and most are 800m +.

You could just take pot luck and see where you end up, following whatever weather appeals - but you may not be that sort of chap, so I won't suggest that. :lol:
By Rob P
Troyes.

Customs, decent hotel just off the field, welcoming, the town is the home of the AAA andouilette.

Rob P
By Dodo
thanks for the replies. I will have a look at the options.

D