Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JonBoy
What nonsense. It was brilliant. In fact I can't remember ever enjoying an aviation and/ or adventure programme more.
By JonBoy
Ps. Meant to say many thanks from me to Moli who I believed first mentioned it on this forum which is where I became aware of it and would have missed a treat otherwise. Cheers!
By ianfallon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Stunning scenery and lovely to watch but would have liked more detail.
Disappointing the last part of the journey was pretty much cut altogether.
Needed to be a multi part programme.
But thumbs up to her :D
By JonBoy
Actually ianfallon that was my only complaint too - it wasn't long enough....!! Many programmes nowadays are "half an hours worth squashed into an hour" but this was quite the opposite. Ten hours of viewing would barely be enough to do all the adventures on her journey justice. I would have loved to see coverage of her trip back up through Europe too but I guess that compared to the African adventures that's too boring....!
By Robin500
Not knocking it at all, it was great, but several times during the flying scenes there was someone up front. I thought it was solo!
By Paul_Sengupta
cockney steve wrote: I suppose she'll repeat it.....over Andover....

And Dover.
Its a sad reflection of the way the world has gone. Lady Heath would have had no or limited back up (apart from the Empire). Still, TC has a lot of guts. The efficiency of the world's arms traders has to be admired selling weapons to folk with no finances.
By Paul_Sengupta
She said when she came to see us that the TV programme really didn't do it justice.

Maybe all the footage they took will one day be used for something else. A series of several programmes would have been nice.
By patowalker
Paul_Sengupta wrote:She said when she came to see us that the TV programme really didn't do it justice.

I am sure that is true. I found it very disappointing. Just a lot of pretty scenery, with some drama courtesy of rhino poachers. We didn't even see the instrument panel. The lady deserved better.
By ChampChump
It was more episodic than I expected. When I heard her talk at Goodwood last year, there was an intimation that much of the stress came from having the camera there, all the time, which I can believe. I reckon that would mitigate, a little, the effect of having the support team.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and think it was an excellent programme for anyone to watch.

I wonder if there's a longer version somewhere, or did I just make that up? Maybe I'll wait for the book...
By johnm
We rather enjoyed it and having had a film crew hear for 5 hours to get a 5 min slot on a gardening programme, we have some insight into the editing world!
By Pete L
Going to watch it tonight - no spoilers, please. (Apart from hearing her talk last night in Oxford - so we know it has a happy ending :-))

An hour does seem a bit short.
By Charles Hunt
I too found it a little unsatisfying. Maybe it was just too condensed. Also the billing that it's 'solo' when of course there was a huge amount of backup. Maybe it's just jealousy!