Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Falcoflyer
Hi folks, how much do you all pay your maintenance organisation for Camo fees for both one aircraft or multiples ie two!? Many thanks.
By ozplane
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
£300 for an Annex 2 non-EASA aircraft (Airtourer)
By Arnold Rimmer
£300 plus CAA fees plus VAT.

It seems to make no difference if this is an extension or full review, the charge has been the same so I keep the log books at home and carry out my own 50 hour then let them get involved at annual time when they carry out a full review.
By T67M
£250 per annum plus CAA fees. They do the logbooks and all the checks, including 50-hour checks.
By AlanB
Bugger all because I am N reg ...
By aerofurb
AlanB wrote:Bugger all because I am N reg ...

What's the current start up and/or annual fee to keep an N-reg trust going in the UK.....? :wink:
By GrahamB
ozplane wrote:£300 for an Annex 2 non-EASA aircraft (Airtourer)

Am I missing something? I thought the CAMO concept was purely an EASA thing?
By ozplane
It was until the CAA decided to "align" it's requirements for airworthiness with EASA. Of course it was nothing whatsoever to do with a potential new revenue stream! Cynical...moi?
By Adrian
aerofurb wrote:What's the current start up and/or annual fee to keep an N-reg trust going in the UK.....? :wink:

If you want a fully managed trust, probably about the same as CAMO fees. There are other ways of operating N reg aircraft. I pay $85 per year for a company that owns 2 aircraft.
By AlanB
Trust is about $250 pa if I recall correctly - I forgot about that. Then the annual, ignoring rectification problems, runs about £2k pa., for a complex aeroplane (+ or - a bit). Also you may not be subject to VAT if your FAA IA is non VAT registered saving 20% straight away.

Comparing costs to our old simple SEP which was on the G reg, I reckon we save at least £1000-£1500 pa and maybe more (our last G reg bill was about 5 grand by the time you paid for the mag overhaul, paid for the carb float AD and paid for a new bolt on the nose wheel, paid for the ARC fee which was over £500, and paid all the VAT on the above).
By Barcli
Your saving an awfull lot over the past 18 months AlanB whilst your ac114 has been missing its wings awaiting an Faa mod approval !!!! :D :D