Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I had an all day Brekkie at Sherburn yesterday , & guess what , no flippin Egg , 2 minutes later while we were eating , a lady comes out of the Kitchen with 2 Cobs , asking , " Bacon & Egg Rolls anyone ? " . We just looked at each other !!. :roll:
By ianfallon
Nick / Paul - sorry for the no show after switching you to Wellesbourne - slight technical issue - no aircraft! Unusual for a weekday (but legit).

Next time!
By matspart3
Some Grumpys made it to Gloucester but I managed to hide in Air Traffic until they'd gone :D
By NickS
No problem, Ian - the bar tab has your name on it so they will add it to your landing fee next time.... :D
By AndyR
matspart3 wrote:Some Grumpys made it to Gloucester but I managed to hide in Air Traffic until they'd gone :D

Were they that bad? :wink:
By Waveflyer
AndyR wrote:
matspart3 wrote:Some Grumpys made it to Gloucester but I managed to hide in Air Traffic until they'd gone :D

Careful Mr. R :naughty:

mp3 was hiding because it was his turn to buy the lunch but.......... "We'll be back"

It was much nicer seeing Kim though :whistle:
By matspart3
AndyR wrote:

You wouldn't believe it Andy, we get hooligans heckling the BBC during live interviews and all sorts....

Don't tell anyone but I think that Waveflyer chap is the ringleader....
By Grumpy One
AndyR wrote:

I tells ya, we woz the epitome of good manners, respect and even took on 15.6ltrs of fuel (to keep a certain matspart3 bloke off my back!).
Methinkst I recognised M3's dulcet tones on the radio and had hoped he'd buy me/us lunch. Never thought he'd be that tight not to appear!!! Anyway, the restaurant was full of noisy kids and push chairs. Waveflyer came up trumps and bought the nosh. Taa Wavey :thumleft:

All was not lost though, I met a lovely bird in the reception area, chatted her up mightily - By coincidence Waveflyer, her name was Kim too :twisted:
She said her old man was working up some tower or other so I guessed he's a steeplejack somewhere. :D
On a high note, I've finally completed the obligatory required landings to 'win' a freebie next time... Thanks Mats. Hopefully that nice Kim bird will be there to greet me with open arms :clown: :pirat: :thumleft: :thumleft:
By Paul_Sengupta
Grumpy One wrote:She said her old man was working up some tower or other so I guessed he's a steeplejack somewhere. :D

Nah, that's just what he tells people to avoid embarrassment.
By matspart3
Lunch is on me next time Ni (as is the landing fee, it seems!) Bring Paul Sengupta along and I might even stretch to cakes.....With the massive profit I've made on your 15.6 litre fuel sale, I have retired immediately and will now frequent The Aviator more often, whilst awaiting delivery of my Dreamliner...

I have suitably chastised the lovely Kim for chatting up my customers in the Terminal and explained that you (and Waveflyer) still have the trainer wheels on your RV's. You went down in her estimations :D
By Paul_Sengupta
I was going to pop in, either of the last two weekends where there have been free landing offers, but the weather has seen fit to convince me otherwise. Last Sunday I even got airborne, but the weather over the ridge to the north west was Carp, so I went the other way.
By Flintstone
Paul_Sengupta wrote:...so I went the other way.

:shock:
By Paul_Sengupta
South and east! :D

Though having gone that way, I then went the other way...

I went south west then. Interesting down there. Needed to go north and east after that. So every which way really. But not loose.
By matspart3
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I was going to pop in, either of the last two weekends where there have been free landing offers, but the weather has seen fit to convince me otherwise. Last Sunday I even got airborne, but the weather over the ridge to the north west was Carp, so I went the other way.

I have a sneaking suspicion there might be another special offer on this weekend, tomorrow looking the better day. I'll be 'fly2helping' at Kemble tomorrow though and in ATC on Sunday...
By Paul_Sengupta
Argh, I'm at a friend's daughter's party tomorrow! Though that's at 3pm, so if I get my backside in gear (highly unlikely :D) I can pop over in the morning.