Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Tristan
lkamsner wrote:Count me in.. Like to fly in from Dunkeswell.

(Tristan - let me know if you want a lift.. I am in Wellington)

That would be great, thanks! :D
By Stu B
Sounds a great event, I'm keen for a slot - flying in from Boscombe.
By Jenny
John and I would be interested in coming. Flying in from Henstridge
Jenny
By quickieq2uk
Sorry for taking awhile to get the registrations open for this event, this is just one of many things I'm doing at the moment.

Details of the event are pasted below from the GASCo website. We have up to 25 slots for aircraft to fly in but plenty of capacity to take people driving in if they don't get a flying slot but wish to attend.

MCASD

31 March 2015
When the Commanding Officer of RNAS Yeovilton, Commodore Jock Alexander OBE Royal Navy, decided to hold a briefing day for General Aviation pilots who fly in the vicinity of Yeovilton, the idea of running the day along the tried and tested lines of a Military Civil Air Safety Day (MCASD) seemed an obvious model.

Commodore Alexander has therefore offered to host a MCASD on Thursday 30th April 2015. The day will provide the opportunity to see a busy Naval Air Station at work, meet the military operators and exchange views, receive operations briefings from the Forces based at the Yeovilton together with the opportunity to receive cockpit briefings in all the types based at the air station. Aircraft from the Royal Navy Historic Flight will complete the static line-up. The theme of the day will be the prevention of mid-air collisions (MAC) supported by a full programme of presentations and static exhibitions. In addition to the military speakers, there will be presentations from the CAA, NATS and GASCo.

The General Aviation Safety Council (GASCo) working with the military authorities and the CAA will be processing all registrations for the day.

Please contact the GASCo office on 01634 200 203 or penny.gould@gen-av-safety.demon.co.uk for a registration form. There is an opportunity for a limited number of aircraft to fly-in on the day.

http://www.gasco.org.uk/news/general/ne ... ?p=1037230

Simon
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks, Simon - Penny has at least one email.

quickieq2uk wrote:... this is just one of many things I'm doing at the moment.

Yes, I saw from the LAA mag that you've started a media career in parallel with your showbiz one. ;)
By quickieq2uk
Dave W wrote:Yes, I saw from the LAA mag that you've started a media career in parallel with your showbiz one. ;)

I think I'll probably stick to a flying career for now! :D
By quickieq2uk
Fly-in slots for the MCASD have now been allocated with a fairly healthy reserve list. However there are still plenty of spaces available for those who wish to drive to the event.

Simon
By quickieq2uk
Those with a fly-in slot should have been informed by GASCo by now. Those that haven't are on the reserve list in the order their applications arrived.

Anybody that has applied to drive in or was unsuccessful getting a fly-in slot and still wants to attend but drive in, will be able to attend. An email with instructions on where to go if you are driving you are driving in, will follow in the next couple of days.
By Andrew Sinclair
I have a 09:15 - 09:25 slot and 4 spare seats if anyone wants to join me, subject to Simon's approval (I understand there is space for driving in)

I'll be leaving Bristol at 09:00 send me a pm if you need a ride.
By quickieq2uk
We still have space for driving in and I would also strongly encourage anybody with a fly-in slot to have a back-up plan to drive if the weather is inclement on the day.

If you are driving in and not already registered or are bringing in more passengers by air than originally planned all I ask is that they are registered to attend by close of play on Wednesday, because if your name is not already on the attendance list you won't be permitted access.
By Andrew Sinclair
quickieq2uk wrote:If you are driving in and not already registered or are bringing in more passengers by air than originally planned all I ask is that they are registered to attend by close of play on Wednesday, because if your name is not already on the attendance list you won't be permitted access.

Thank you Sir, that's understood and wilco
By Waveflyer
What time is everybody expected to arrive?
By quickieq2uk
If you register with GASCo to attend they will send you the appropriate instructions on where you need to go and times to be there.
By Waveflyer
Simon
I sent an email last Friday and since then I have been trying to find some information on timings.
Four of us hope to drive down but we have no idea when to meet.