Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Charles Hunt
When this forum works well it's brilliant. Why do we spend so much time arguing amongst (among??) ourselves?
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was just thinking earlier, what are the chances of the Lyneham thread and the Norfolk airfield threads both having people on here with insider knowledge?! :thumright:
By adam04
Why not melt the reg in as you originally suggested and then just paint in the newly created grooves using a small paintbrush?
By PeteSpencer
adam04 wrote:Why not melt the reg in as you originally suggested and then just paint in the newly created grooves using a small paintbrush?

Because I couldn't hope to match the neatness of laser cut stencils:

I hate gash jobs.

Even on rubber chocks.

Peter
By SteveX
Is it honestly worth doing anything? I mean how many chock get nicked? If they are that precious chain em to the strut!
By Rob P
It would make more sense to chain them to the towbar surely?

Rob P
By AndyR
What type of paint are you going to use Pete?

I guess something like that yellow survey paint should be fairly hard wearing...?
By Mike Cross
Do what the scaffolders do. Spray paint 'em shocking pink.
By kanga
Rob P wrote:It would make more sense to chain them to the towbar surely?

Rob P

we have had towbars go (temporarily) walkabout; oversight, not mischief, I'm sure
By PeteSpencer
Many thanks to Gas Guzzler who is sorting me and thanks too to the rest of you: I had a larf at your prattish humour

This Forum is truly the best..

Andy R: Yellow surveyors spray floor/road paint.

Peter
By PeteSpencer
SteveX wrote:Is it honestly worth doing anything? I mean how many chock get nicked? If they are that precious chain em to the strut!

Well ours got nicked: or at least they were found in somebody else's aeroplane , and they were brand new - make of that what you will...: :roll: