Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By matspart3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We hosted fly2help's Aim High scholarship programme this week.

You're probably familiar with fly2help's 'Air Smiles' days, sharing the pleasures of flight with those less privileged but you might not be aware of the other 'arm' of the charity. The ten teenagers spent the week with us, seeing behind the scenes at the Airport and visiting the local aerospace companies. The purpose of the week is to give the students an insight into aviation and aerospace career options.

The 'yoof of today' sometimes get a bad press but we couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of students. Genuinely enthusiastic and interested in everything we were able to show them, including Kanga's excellent briefing and pre-flight of his group's Robin.

We presented them with certificates and goodies before they this afternoon but I'm pretty sure they also went away with some inspiration.

The Facebook users amongst you might like to check out the pictures... https://www.facebook.com/GlosAirport?ref=tn_tnmn
By kanga
:oops:

they were charming* and a very good audience, with lots of intelligent questions (at JAM and at the Robin), which always makes things go better. It was particularly gratifying that some had come a significant distance (at least Leeds and Liverpool).

[(edited to add) *as, of course, most young people today whom I meet in various contexts are]

Kim told me that next time she will include prior written advice to the young ladies selected to wear trousers not skirts, and flat heels :) ..