Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By santon
Excuse me, but I've just been on the Blackbushe website and it is showing the landing fee as £27 !!!

Can they be serious? Given that there is sweet FA to do there apart from the car auction and the Sunday market how come forumites aren't giving them a right slagging off. Do tell.
By James Chan
how come forumites aren't giving them a right slagging off

They never slagged off anything else in the Regional Airports League Table, why pick on Shoreham again?
By santon
James, I'm not picking on Shoreham. I'm puzzled as to why Shoreham got slagged off when Blackbushe doesn't. Blackbushe can't even claim to be a regional airport.
By velostar
There is no need to bring Shoreham into this thread.

If you think Blackbushe is too expensive, just say that and put it on your "thanks, but no thanks" list.
By santon
There is no need to bring Shoreham into this thread.

Ok. So I was being mischievous, but I seem to remember not too long ago that the weekend landing fee was £5. So what has changed to enable them to command the new price?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Its to stop the hordes coming over and harassing Morley!

:D

You're on the right lines there FD :wink:.

The fees for residents are no where near as bad. The fees for visitors are there to keep the riff raff out :D

Iceman 8)
By Paul_Sengupta
They put the prices up before Shoreham. They *did* get a bashing on here when they did it. But Shoreham then went and outdid them!

One difference is as has been mentioned, Shoreham is a nice destination whereas Blackbushe is a "take it or leave it" unless you have something particularly to go there for.
By GAFlyer4Fun
I thought aviation was generally expensive to keep the riff raff out :twisted:

Just imagine what it would be like if you could buy brand new (certified) aircraft for the price of a new 5series beemer. When it became time for the aircraft respray or engine overhaul or avionics upgrade (eg 8.33kHz certified radio) people would seriously think about buying a new aircraft with all mod cons already fitted (or the option of glass or steam). This in turn might encourage design of new aircraft, engines, avionics. Instead some of us put up with maintaining ageing aircraft as the price of a new aircraft is out of reach even for some pilot syndicates.
By Boswell
Ok. So I was being mischievous

Not mischievous, just moronic.
By chrisbl
Boswell wrote:Ok. So I was being mischievous

+1
By TLRippon
Iceman wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Its to stop the hordes coming over and harassing Morley!

:D

You're on the right lines there FD :wink:.

The fees for residents are no where near as bad. The fees for visitors are there to keep the riff raff out :D

Iceman 8)

When I was based there I paid £17 per landing and the fuel was well above average price. Not very good value at all for outside tie downs.
By matthew_w100
chrisbl wrote:

+1

Excuse me? I think that's a bit offensive and unnecessary.

The comparison between the forum's reaction to the two airfields is perfectly reasonable and quite valid.
By Wide-Body
matthew_w100 wrote:
chrisbl wrote:

+1

Excuse me? I think that's a bit offensive and unnecessary.

The comparison between the forum's reaction to the two airfields is perfectly reasonable and quite valid.

Yep have to agree with you. That was a nasty little post from Boswell there, going for the man not the topic.