Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Corsican
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just caused me to pretty much walk out of a meeting to the amusement of my colleagues so that I could watch it turn finals and land at Northolt. Very nice plane, interesting sound.

Anyone know where it could have come from? I did not know there were many, if any, left in the UK.
By Rob P
It's often around Duxford. Possibly maintained by ARCO?

Rob P
By Corsican
Thanks. Didn't know there was one up that way.

It was followed shortly afterwards by what appeared to be a Tucano and then a Hawk or Gnat or similar type jet, not exactly sure, but having run out of the meeting before, I figured I should exercise some mature, professional control :roll:
By ozplane
I think it belongs to a Belgian chap (de Bruyne?) who was quite badly injured in his other Bronco in a crash at Kemble where I believe this one is based. As Rob says ARCO do the maintenance and there's another one at Duxford awaiting refurbishment.
By flybymike
I thought at first this thread was started by some old git ancient enough to remember the old American cowboy series " Bronco" starring Ty Hardin if I remember rightly.....
By Korenwolf
This is where you'll find out more about them; G-ONAA was indeed at Duxford in the week, presumably en route to Northolt

http://www.broncodemoteam.com/index.php?page=home

Tony de Bruyn is the main man, I used to do a bit of business with him in a previous life when we were dealing in Boeing 707 bits....
By Corsican
Thanks for the link to the photos, it looks like it was a good night! My office is on short final so it's a good opportunity to fleetingly see some interesting planes come into Northolt occasionally. Last year, we were treated to a sunset display by a Hurricane which was a nice way to end the day :thumright:
By chevvron
PilotSP wrote:This will be the one, in the schedule it's got the night photo shoot...

http://www.broncodemoteam.com/index.php?page=events

I was at Old Hay when it came in and it's performance was immense, it landed and came to a stop in half the runway length!!!

Just out of interest, what length of runway does it need?