Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
1 Rue de l'Escadron / Eskadronstraat 1, 1040 Etterbeek, Belgique
Metro Thieffry, about 10 minutes walk from Parc Cinquantenaire - where the military museum has various warbirds hanging around:
http://www.klm-mra.be/klm-new/engels/co ... index.html

If anyone is visiting Parc du Cinquantenaire, and is interested in the Royal Military Museum (which has a suprisingly interesting aviation collection for an inner city museum), I accidentally found an aladdin's cave of military - especially aviation - books and magazines not far away. The shop is a rather non-descript corner "newspaper" shop called Escadron Presse, but the side shop is floor to ceiling packed with a headache inducing collection of books and periodicals stuffed into every nook and cranny. The majority are in English, although they have French and Dutch sections, and I spotted a few Russian publications as well.

They also have naval and land forces books, plus magazines on military scale models etc.

The books were mixed between new and used, all of them are sealed in plastic wrapping.

Prices are, not surprisingly, a fair bit higher than you'd see on Amazon - but I can honestly say I'm bemused and amazed to find such a place here in Brussels, and not exactly in an area I'd expect!

They don't have a website, or even an old fashioned index of their stock. The closest they come to is thumbnail-style little pictures of some of the book covers posted on A4 sheets on the shop window (it's how I spotted it, I was on the phone eating a sandwich outside the shop and spotted a few books I knew).

The post WWII British aviation section has hundreds of titles - most of which I've never heard of.
A quick browse of their WWII section, and they had most of the books I have in my WWII aviation collection.

I doubt you'll find real collectors stuff in there - e.g I'd buy a first edition of "High Adventure: A Narrative of Air Fighting in France" if I happened upon one.

Still, in the unlikely even a forumite is visiting the area, and fancies spending some time and money in a military bookshop, then you know where to go!
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ah. Drove round the ring road twice (once on Friday, once on Monday) a couple of weekends ago...