Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Hi All

First time posting on here. I am looking at forming a non equity flight club in the North West. I was thinking of Blackpool but am unsure due to it now being for sale with a possible un certain future ahead.

My plan is to charge members £40 per month to cover cost of hanger etc then be looking at £140 an hour for a PA28. This model works well down south as the club will be a franchise of this.

Just looking for anyone who would be interested or for any advise or tips ?

Thanks
Steve
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's called hire - "non-equity syndicates" were established a long time ago to be just that.

That said, no reason you can't do that with a PA28, and best of luck to you. You'll be slightly undercutting BPL, which can only be good for the flying public.

G
By seanjd
It's the operations side that is being sold off, not the real estate. Jet 2 still have another 6 years contract to run, and the new owner would take this over, as well as the other scheduled flight operations.

There are a couple of group owned aircraft at Blackpool, and I'm not sure how much interest you would get, but your prices seem reasonable assuming the hourly costs is wet? You should be ok finding hangar space, and maintenance is available on site.

I wish you well if you decide to do it :wink:
By Talkdownman
The NE group I am in gets a pre-paid dry rate utilisation commitment (12 or 18 hours pa per punter) and a monthly STO for an equal divi of the (expensive) Blackbushe landing and parking. Break-even is about 20 hirers. Hirer pays for fuel at the (expensive) Blackbushe rate based on average consumption. Owner is responsible for Mx costs. Hirer keeps any drawback. Dry-hire negotiable for touring. PLBs/rafts/headsets on matey goodwill. Seems to work out at about 80% ATO hire rates. Bookings via e-allocator. Min daily utilisation negotiable. Mx ferry flights funded from any margins. Group has own high hour FIs and FE's oiling the wheels for love, independent of the local ATO. Lots of give and take. Lots of fun.