Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By KingJames
Apart from the occasionally melodramatic narration the current episode is both educational and entertaining. Matt - Your cool is admirable, you look absolutely in your element.
By Keef
It seems to repeat some bits, but I'll forgive 'em. Seeing Matt and Sam in their element (and especially seeing GOP with Sam) gave me a little frisson.
By rf3flyer
Enjoyed the 3rd episode too, overdramatised narration aside, and admired Matt's view that, actually, why would anyone want to move on from that kind of flying. It looks a gas. I admire too that he can speak with the natives in their own tongue.

Discomfited to watch Nick with his head in the cockpit when his captain is, and his sense of self preservation should be, telling him to look outside! Not sure he's going to cut it.
By Kristee
It's quite few months later and Nick is still there
By Moose
JoeC wrote:Just watched. Great stuff, Matt. Noticed you'd forgone the egg on your shoulders too!

Not sure I follow you; I'm assuming you mean epaulettes? If so, there's hardly a need in the jungle as it's pretty obvious who the pilot is ;)
By ianfallon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice work Matt - enjoying watching the series and you come across really well.
I totally agree with the thought that it's much more interesting flying than the bigger stuff (each to their own of course).
By white light
Just watched this on C4 on demand, really enjoyed it. Yes, the commentary was a bit dramatic in places, but that didn't take anything away from the program.

Really respected not only the tricky flying undertaken, but the fact that Matt doesn't want to use his time at Susi air as a stepping stone to the airlines. Rather, he wants to make his career out there, continuing the challenging flying, & helping the native people progress - really good on him for that.

Please do start a blog Matt, would be a great read
By AfricanEagle
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I too am really enjoying the episodes.

Great to see real flying and it is interesting to see how young pilots met over internet a few years ago have become proficient professionals :)
By white light
No, not sarcasm at all! I'm new to this thread, so genuinly didn't know a blog existed. Thanks for the heads up, I'm now off to have a good read...
By Talkdownman
Knockout blog, knockout vids, knockout soundtracks. That flying is so for me, big singles, rudimentary landing areas, challenging terrain, lifeline objectives. Greatest link for me yet on this forum. Love the way Matt 'connects' with the locals, very heart-warming, those languages can't be easy. Susi has a top man there. N V.