Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By dunny
All,

Without going through the whole story again I am appealing to the CAA for an extension to the validity of my ATPL theory exams to allow me some time to complete the Instrument Rating. I recently wrote to my MEP and they have contacted the CAA on my behalf and I am now awaiting a further response.

In the meantime I was hoping to identify any other individuals, across Europe, who have been granted an extension under article 14 (4) of Regulation 216/2008 since EASA has taken over responsibility.

I would be grateful for some help in doing this particularly if any of you are able to post on additional forums such a PPL IR , Bristol Ground School or other similar forums.

I am trying to establish whether this exemption has been granted to any member state and under what circumstances.

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

Regards

D
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Good luck on this one: the CAA do listen: I don't know your details but if you put a convincing case you may be OK.

In a very much more minor way they agreed to defer the expiry of my 170A for two months when the a/c I was due to do my IR flight test in went in for a re-spray and the FBO had no alternative.

Co-incidentally the authorisation was signed by Steve Oddy, owner of RANT XL who work(s)(ed) for the CAA.

Peter
By SteveC
Good luck on this. As Head of Training it's something I encounter on a regular basis and have yet to ever convince the CAA they should grant an extension.

If you do manage it please share as I could you use you as a precedent.
By dunny
SteveC wrote:If you do manage it please share as I could you use you as a precedent.

Exactly what I am looking for!

Extensions have been granted by the CAA prior to EASA.

D
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whilst it was within the CAA's gift to do this in pre-EASA days, I don't think you will obtain such an extension now. As Steve says, we see it on a regular basis. Do let us know if you succeed though.

EASA Exemptions issued.

All the best, Cookie

Instrument Rating revalidations and renewals | FAA Instrument Proficiency checks
By SteveC
dunny wrote:
SteveC wrote:If you do manage it please share as I could you use you as a precedent.

Exactly what I am looking for!

Extensions have been granted by the CAA prior to EASA.

D

The CAA no longer have the power to do so. If you do manage it your precedent would be a huge help to us.

I just had a candidate CPL/IR application rejected because he missed the deadline by a day due to bad weather delaying the CPL test.