Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By A le Ron
Last time I went to Durham Tees there was compulsory handling (Weston I think). Does anyone know if this is still the case? Their website does not seem to say anything about GA (or if it does, it's very well hidden)!
By Colin G
Yep, still mandatory handling for now.
If all you want is to pay your landing fees and don't want any extra, give them a call and ask for very basic handling.
You can mention me but that's not likely to get you any discount ;)

I was able at one time to look after some GA, but one person spoilt it for everyone. Hopefully mandatory handling for GA will be a thing of the past at DTVA in the near future.
By A le Ron
:D
By Colin G
Not quite that quick but things are a changing... slowly.... but then it is aviation :)
By Old Pilot
A waste of time and money Peel airport going no where.

Avoid at all costs.
By A le Ron
flyingfoxsales@me.com wrote:Fishburn or Bagby!

Problem is, I need to be at a meeting in Stockton on Tees at 0900 so while Fishburn is close enough, getting a suitable taxi in good time could be an issue. The last time I drove up, it took well over 2 hours because of delays on the A1 and Teesside rush hour traffic. The flight time is 20 minutes. Even allowing for formalities and the taxi ride, I'm likely to save the best part of an hour. That said, DTV is looking like just too much hassle, and so I may as well bite on the bullet and drive.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Old Pilot wrote:A waste of time and money Peel airport going no where.

Avoid at all costs.

Don't tell Dave Phillips that.....
By William
I could never figure out why they had to change the name from Teesside Airport to the mouthful of: Durham Tees Valley?!!

Sad thing is that it has gone from being a useful airport with a reasonable number of destinations to something of a ghost town. Last time I flew in and out on a commercial aircraft the place was absolutely dead, and I had to buy tickets to get through security!

I just wonder how much longer it is before it becomes another housing development? 8)
By kanga
William wrote:I could never figure out why they had to change the name from Teesside Airport to the mouthful of: Durham Tees Valley?!!

.. when they could have gone the whole hog and reverted to (tastier mouthful of) Middleton St George .. :)